Sign In Here If You Also Have ODD!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
:D

Link

Is nonconformity and freethinking a mental illness? According to the newest addition of the DSM-IV (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders), it certainly is. The manual identifies a new mental illness called “oppositional defiant disorder” or ODD. Defined as an “ongoing pattern of disobedient, hostile and defiant behavior,” symptoms include questioning authority, negativity, defiance, argumentativeness, and being easily annoyed.

*More at the link.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nonconformity... ROFL.

It doesnt exist, because by claiming noncoformity you are conforming to it. I eat "nonconformists" for breakfast, crap out their remains then use said crap as fuel for grilling my next "nonconformist."

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:D

Link

Is nonconformity and freethinking a mental illness? According to the newest addition of the DSM-IV (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders), it certainly is. The manual identifies a new mental illness called “oppositional defiant disorder” or ODD. Defined as an “ongoing pattern of disobedient, hostile and defiant behavior,” symptoms include questioning authority, negativity, defiance, argumentativeness, and being easily annoyed.

*More at the link.

My niece has this. It's no joke and likening ODD to nonconformity and free thinking is disengenuous and pot stirring at best and total ignorance at worse. The author of the linked article is, to put it nicely, your typically unqualified journalist to report on what he has reported on.

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My niece has this. It's no joke and likening ODD to nonconformity and free thinking is disengenuous and pot stirring at best and total ignorance at worse. The author of the linked article is, to put it nicely, your typically unqualified journalist to report on what he has reported on.

That's exactly what I think!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom