Signs and people with signs impeach obama this morning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is overpasses.org's "dirty dozen" for wanting to impeach Obama.

#1 - The ball is still up in the air legally, but pretty telling is the phrase "Obama calls them Czars" which tells me that the particular site doesn't really care about facts.

#2 - When was Obamacare declared to be unconstitutional and an injunction issued?

#3 - Nothing illegal here. And certainly nothing unconstitutional.

#4 - "Several" means "one"? This also completely mischaracterizes the subject that it seems to be talking about.

#5 - Pesky legislative delegation...

#6 - No evidence cited. Just more baseless rhetoric.

#7 - Completely false. The US did not join those foreign countries - those foreign countries filed briefs in support of the US argument. Should the federal government drop a case solely because a foreign government supports the federal government's position?

#8 - No evidence cited. Only thing that comes up in searches are chain letters full of BS rhetoric.

#9 - How is a SCOTUS ruling a unilateral action by the President?

#10 - And the evidence that the President was knowledgeable and involved is?

#11 - Pesky legislative delegation...

#12 - Citations, please.

----

Pretty much the definition of "low-information voters".

GolfWhiskey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This does not explain why other assets were told to stand down by civilian leaders.

This seems to be the crux of your argument. The problem is, there is no evidence that I have ever read that even hints that the small CIA teams hypothetically available to intercede in Libya would have been effective in any way. There were 2 armed guards at the facility - sending in another small team of 3-5 men would only have resulted in them being killed or captured as well. The reason I mentioned the team in Italy is that they were the closest force feasibly capable of altering the outcome of the consulate attacks and as I said, even if they had lifted off the second the first shots were fired, they would have arrived 6.5 hours too late and would very likely have come under heavy attack themselves. Unless you think Obama should have deployed a brigade of the 82nd Airborne to Benghazi 12 hours after the attack concluded to level the city and kill everyone, there are seriously zero viable options that the President had, at least from the options that are known to the public. Is there a hypothetical secret option that Obama had and decided not to take because he's just that stupid or enjoys seeing US servicemen killed? Sure, I suppose anything is possible. But what you have to consider is that unlike his predecessor, this President has surrounded himself with military advisors at the highest level that aren't clueless ideologues. While I'm sure Obama's military judgment is probably about as good as mine (which is to say, amateur at best), the people advising him are pros. Leon Panetta is no Donald Rumsfeld.

I personally knew one of the victims of this attack, Sean Smith. When I found out that he had been killed it hit me like a ton of bricks - Sean had just emailed me a couple weeks prior to give me feedback for a paper I was writing. Since the attacks I've sort of made it my mission to find out as much as I can about how he died, because the US military has a pretty messed up track record of lying to victims' families or giving them false information regarding their deaths (Pat Tillman is perhaps the most prolific example of this). Trust me when I say I wanted to find someone to blame for why my friend died. I have looked high and low for a way to pin this on Obama's lack of military experience, over cautious attitude, or general ineptitude. In good conscience I can't do it.

For all the other reasons you've listed for wanting to impeach the President, I say good luck and godspeed. But for Benghazi, there was simply nothing anyone could have done to prevent what happened other than to have either left the consulate (Stevens didn't want to) or granted the State Department's repeated requests for more security (Congress refused to). Aside from those two options, no one lacking omnipresent powers could have prevented their deaths.

rebel-son

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
on Number 6 about illegal immigration I don't see how that is not common knowledge. obama sold out the country for a bowl of spicy chili. We have laws. that ))))))))))))))))) does not like them so he does not follow them. That is no way to lead as president.

If only
1, Barack Hussein Obama sr had a condom
2, Obama's baby mama went to the university of alabama
3, if only roe v wade type decision was legal before He was born.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
rebel-son: "Common knowledge" does not mean the same thing as "true" or even "fact-based".

Come back when you have facts and evidence from reliable sources.

Latest posts

Top Bottom