Someone saving the earth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Donut Media (car channel on YouTube) had a recent episode where they took one of these off-roading/overlanding

Its self charging features performed mediocre at best. Its range was pitiful. They wound up having to basically turn every feature off that they could to increase battery life. If they put it in trail mode or whatever the battery drained at an alarming rate.

I’ll stick to my old Toyotas for the apocalypse

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of those abominations would never grace my driveway.
I feel the same about the 5.3 LS engines and V6 vehicles.

But I must say if that fugly thing would travel farther on the cheap and not leave you stranded and could fit an 8 foot 1 piece fishing rod in it and carry a 28 foot extension ladder on the top it would be handy.
I can fit 10 foor 2x4 in my corolla and shut the hatch.
I can carry 20 foot lumber on the roof and sheetrock on top of OSB.

Well my hatch back 1982 mustang could fit I think it was 12 or 13 sheets of 3/4 4x8 OSB in the back with the seats folded down.
Only hung out about 8" but it was plenty wide enough.
Many SUV's aren't able to do that.

If you have not guessed it yet I use my vehicles.
But they like me so it's all good.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I feel the same about the 5.3 LS engines and V6 vehicles.
I wouldn't mind having one of these 3000 hp 4 bangers.

1715657456087.png

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No thank you. One got bricked just going through a car wash. In spite of being stainless steel I've heard they have corrosion issues. They're fast, but wouldn't want one as a primary vehicle.
Don't know what grade they are, but if they are stainless, they aren't going to do much more than surface rust. They won't be rusting through like carbon steel for many many years. If there's no finish on them some scotchbrite should give a nice matte look and get rid of the rust. It's actually kind of funny, the body is going to outlast the vehicle by orders of magnitude. I wonder how much the scrap yards are gonna pay on them? :anyone:

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't know what grade they are, but if they are stainless, they aren't going to do much more than surface rust. They won't be rusting through like carbon steel for many many years. If there's no finish on them some scotchbrite should give a nice matte look and get rid of the rust. It's actually kind of funny, the body is going to outlast the vehicle by orders of magnitude. I wonder how much the scrap yards are gonna pay on them? :anyone:
Yes, but how many want patina on a new vehicle? Also special care would need to be made with scotchbright pads to avoid an uneven grain to the metal. No thanks. Even DeLoreans received paint late in the product cycle due to customer complaints of surface rust and staining metal.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if a Ford 4.9 300cu in straight six would fit in it??
Good engine but why not go large? A Boss 9, Chevy 502 or Hellaphant engine would make for a much more interesting swap and PO environmentalist wackos to no end. Extra props for doing a burnout in front of al gore's or bill gates' homes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom