South Dakota Descending into Chaos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Firearms freedom act awaits governor's signature.

SD Lawmakers Approve Concealed Weapons Carry Bill
Published: February 28, 2012, 4:23 PM

Bookmark and Share SD Lawmakers Approve Concealed Weapons Carry Bill
PIERRE, SD -

The South Dakota Legislature has given final approval to a measure allowing people to carry concealed weapons without a permit as long as they have a driver's license and otherwise meet state standards for owning guns.

The Senate voted 22-11 to pass the bill, which was approved earlier by the House. It will become law if signed by Gov. Dennis Daugaard.

State law does not require permits to own guns, keep them in a home or business or carry them openly. However, state law until now has required that people have permits to carry concealed guns.

The bill would let South Dakota residents carry concealed weapons within the state without a permit if they have a valid driver's license and would meet current requirements for getting a concealed pistol permit.

pinkhamr

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
" ..... have a driver's license and otherwise meet state standards for owning guns." ...... Disagree, CCL's need 'some' type of Orientation ....... JMO

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
" ..... have a driver's license and otherwise meet state standards for owning guns." ...... Disagree, CCL's need 'some' type of Orientation ....... JMO

Alaskans have had the freedom to carry without a permit or "orientation" for about 5 years now. No problems. I would agree though in Oklahoma it would be a good idea for people here to get a permit. Just too many nuts with guns. Many who post on this board.....

O

oklacowboy

Well I think South Dakota is doing a hell of a job and getting it to what it ought to be. I just don't understand some people's way of thinking. Gun laws only affect honest people. The nuts and the criminals don't care what the laws are. They are going to do what they want to do regardless of what the law says. I do wish Oklahoma was smart enough to do the same. We shouldn't have to pay for a RIGHT.

vdub

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alaskans have had the freedom to carry without a permit or "orientation" for about 5 years now. No problems. I would agree though in Oklahoma it would be a good idea for people here to get a permit. Just too many nuts with guns. Many who post on this board.....

You ever watch Alaska State Troopers on NatGeo channel? If you had, you would realize this statement could be made by switching Alaska for Oklahoma and it still be a pretty accurate statement. I have not heard of rampant problems in Alaska and I bet the same would happen here. People that are going to break the law will and people that are going to abide by the law will. Business as usual.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Well I think South Dakota is doing a hell of a job and getting it to what it ought to be. I just don't understand some people's way of thinking. Gun laws only affect honest people. The nuts and the criminals don't care what the laws are. They are going to do what they want to do regardless of what the law says. I do wish Oklahoma was smart enough to do the same. We shouldn't have to pay for a RIGHT.

I agree.

Latest posts

Top Bottom