Speaker is sueing the President.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairtrigger44

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Don't disregard the impeachment process.
If the republicans keep the house and gain control of the senate, Borhner's lawsuit may be laying some ground work for future actions.

Most democrats would not impeach Obama if he sold iran nuclear weapons and we had it on tape or declared our borders totally open and anyone can come ( he sort have has) and they still would not do it. Unless republicans have 67 votes and even then I am sure a couple rino's would not impeach the socalist

hairtrigger44

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Its a colossal waste. The American People have gotten smarter. They are catching on.

Thus kinda vindictive politics is what cost the GOP after the Clinton impeachment. The GOP is playing a dangerous game. If this backfires the Dems could Win the Executive branch again, hold the Senate and possibly retake Congress.

The GOP needs to give the Tea Party the Boot before they cause the ruin of a political party.

And Obama is doing no wrong?

not saying two wrongs make a right, but Obama has done WAY TOO MUCH OUTSIDE what others have done

hairtrigger44

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Too much nincompoopery among the Republicans. Republicans are brain damaged nose picking butt scratching nincompoops what hadn't got no future. Stupid Republicans. Why don't they take a bath?

I kind of like my guns. I feel much safer with them than democrats. Notice how places like NY ( all blue) are with guns compared to OK ( all red)

hairtrigger44

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
In the mean time, Obama just lost a lawsuit regarding his unconstitutional abuse of power in the Supreme Court by a unanimous decision.

I have two thoughts on that.

1, I does not matter because REID changed the rules and if not for that then a 5-4 decision would be the likely result

2, I am waiting for people to say the Court is racist.

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have two thoughts on that.

1, I does not matter because REID changed the rules and if not for that then a 5-4 decision would be the likely result

2, I am waiting for people to say the Court is racist.
1. It does matter because that means all decisions made by the NLRB are voided because they never had a legal quorum.

2. I think they are going with right wing extremist court, and their other unanimous decision banning abortion clinic free speech free zones is only fueling the hate.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a completely proper step to take, though it may not prove to be fruitful. The President has repeatedly and arbitrarily chosen to grant exemptions not provided for by law. He has also taken questionable actions by simply ignoring laws that have been passed. Someone earlier said the President was elected to take action or do things, well not quite. He is elected to, in part, "take care that the laws be faithfully executed" - simply ignoring laws or refusing to act in accordance with a duly enacted law amount to an illegal, extra-constitutional veto.
In similar circumstances in the past the Supreme Court has already decided that Presidents cannot impound appropriated dollars and refuse to expend them for a duly designated purpose, etc (I think Nixon got zapped with that).

I am not a fan of Speaker Boehner's performance overall but this one act is not just political theater it has valid substance behind it.

hairtrigger44

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
1. It does matter because that means all decisions made by the NLRB are voided because they never had a legal quorum.

2. I think they are going with right wing extremist court, and their other unanimous decision banning abortion clinic free speech free zones is only fueling the hate.

Ok on #2

On #1 the thing is that they can just reappoint people with the 51 vote threshold though. That is why I said it does not matter.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Executive Action, Executive Orders and Executive Memorandum. 3 very different things. I understand everyone Doesn't know the difference and most people dont care.

Boheners suit is against Executive Action. Thats the same thing as saying im sueing you for doing your job. Theres no merit, zero, nada, NONE.

Bohner must prove personal harm to congress. What could the court possibly say? John, the people elected him and yes he sucks. Thats it. Thats the only possibility. Other than throw it out.

The Speaker is allowing the disintegration of the GOP by allowing a few Tea Party Kooks to run rampant behind the scenes.

This is gonna effing backfire and Hillary will win and Dems will keep the Senate and gain seats in Congress.

You heard it here first.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is a completely proper step to take, though it may not prove to be fruitful. The President has repeatedly and arbitrarily chosen to grant exemptions not provided for by law. He has also taken questionable actions by simply ignoring laws that have been passed. Someone earlier said the President was elected to take action or do things, well not quite. He is elected to, in part, "take care that the laws be faithfully executed" - simply ignoring laws or refusing to act in accordance with a duly enacted law amount to an illegal, extra-constitutional veto.
In similar circumstances in the past the Supreme Court has already decided that Presidents cannot impound appropriated dollars and refuse to expend them for a duly designated purpose, etc (I think Nixon got zapped with that).

I am not a fan of Speaker Boehner's performance overall but this one act is not just political theater it has valid substance behind it.

I beg to differ. Now normally it would, but this president is like Honey Badger, he just don't care. He's demonstrated that he has no compunction for violating the Constitution, existing law, ignoring congressional subpoenas, taking executive order far beyond the scope it was intended for, creating law of his own through regulation, and all manner of other issues. This lawsuit is like the ultimate disrespect to the DC elitists, but Obama is Honey Badger, he just don't care. When Bonehead announced the suit I was with Lurker thinking "OK Bonehead, exactly what damages do you seek? And do you really think Obama gives a rat's ass what the court says about your grievance?". No, the proper action to take was impeachment, so what if the Senate won't try him? Just do it and let them wear that hat...

Executive Action, Executive Orders and Executive Memorandum. 3 very different things. I understand everyone Doesn't know the difference and most people don't care.

Boheners suit is against Executive Action. Thats the same thing as saying im sueing you for doing your job. Theres no merit, zero, nada, NONE.

Bohner must prove personal harm to congress. What could the court possibly say? John, the people elected him and yes he sucks. Thats it. Thats the only possibility. Other than throw it out.

The Speaker is allowing the disintegration of the GOP by allowing a few Tea Party Kooks to run rampant behind the scenes.

This is gonna effing backfire and Hillary will win and Dems will keep the Senate and gain seats in Congress.

You heard it here first.

Oh it's gonna backfire all right, but for a completely different reason than you are stating. The approval rating of Congress right now is so low, because they refuse to make this turd .prez accountable. They don't have the balls. That's why. If you haven't looked lately the GOP leadership class is taking extreme fire from their subordinates and it's only going to get worse. Cantor anybody? Cochran? No way he wins without the dems going out to vote for him, he got beat in the runoff worse than in the primary among GOP voters. That was to be expected. What wasn't expected was the manner Cochran campaigned for the runoff. He was bluer than a friggin smurf and used every turd throwing trick they use. that's going to rile the natives something fierce. Hide and watch. It's debatable whether we still have a country when they sober up and actually do something though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom