SS Disability Fund Almost Broke

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a neighbor who is on disability. She also owns a business that is in her husbands name, who is a well known home builder. She sells Tupperware type products and fraudulently misrepresents her income to continue to receive disability.

A few years ago when I was doing health and life, I'd get calls on medicare disability Part A. I'll just say there's a LOT of examples like this out there.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's not as bad as you think. It is a pain in the ass to get, and there are people who legitimately need it. However, we turn down clients all the time whose cases we think are BS.

I appreciate the fact that you appear to be one of the better lawyers that handle this BUT I know a total of 7 people who found them a lawyer that WOULD work the system for them. Every one was a work dropout from 09. They refused to retrain in another field. Some of them had legal assistance that would only send them to one Dr. for the help needed in the process. This is indeed a screwed up system we have. All but one are Rush Limbaugh lovers too. Imagine that.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I appreciate the fact that you appear to be one of the better lawyers that handle this BUT I know a total of 7 people who found them a lawyer that WOULD work the system for them. Every one was a work dropout from 09. They refused to retrain in another field. Some of them had legal assistance that would only send them to one Dr. for the help needed in the process. This is indeed a screwed up system we have. All but one are Rush Limbaugh lovers too. Imagine that.

That's sad. Those kind of people (and lawyers) hurt all of us. It is a long, slow process and takes about 2 years. There are people who really need it and the fraudsters cause unnecessary expense and delay.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I appreciate JB's perspective. I really do. From where I sit though, I see several people each week who are in no way visibly disabled who are on full disability. Young people. And I know there are disabilities that aren't outwardly obvious. But I'm talking about people who walk in with no limp, have no dysfunction of their upper extremities and upon questioning, admit that they are avid bow hunters or they go fishing or snagging all the time. Blatantly admitting that they regularly engage in strenuous activities. So, I have a hard time believing that they should be classified as 100% disabled.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I work for Probation and Parole and about 1 out of 3 people I supervise from prison are either on it or apply for it

I had a letter sent to me, in it I saw that if I get locked up my SS is stopped until I am released. Maybe they should extend that to parole and probation, would not hurt on the outgoing cash flow.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe if we rethought our foreign aid program, and funneled that money to SS and the disability program, they would quickly become solvent.

U.S. Foreign Aid amounts to about 1% of the budget. opinion-chart-on-aid-spending.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom