State Champions!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congrats!! FFA or OKSSSP? I was there too with my son's HS team. You all shot really well that last round when it counted most!
You know, I’m not really sure I know the difference. I have always heard it was FFA but in all honesty I don’t know that the people of the town don’t just call everything that’s not 4H to be FFA. It very well could have been OKSSSP. How did y’all do today?

I do have to brag on her personally as she set her new PR of 19 on the second round, and broke it to set a new PR of 20 on the last round. She has been working her tail off and was proud that she finally felt like she was contributing to her team and not just keeping them from taking a zero in the girl column

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Middle school came in second your daughter's team, HS came in 4th by three targets lol. My son shot well 22, 21, 21, 24. Tell her congrats and to stick with it. Team wins and losses are based on how well the girls shoot of course, and it sounds like she's doing her part!
Your kids shot crazy well today too! They held their own and should be dang proud of themselves. We heard as we were finishing up that you all had shot a 192 (Jr high) and were sweating bullets as our top female shooter hit a cold streak the last round.

When she got recruited last fall to sign up for this we were told that the girls make or break the team. After understanding the scoring and seeing how tight the boys shooting is I finally understand. Apparently we only had 2 females last year and had to take a zero that cost them the win. (Idk, we were still in grade school then)

And tell your son congrats! Those are some fantastic numbers!

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Your kids shot crazy well today too! They held their own and should be dang proud of themselves. We heard as we were finishing up that you all had shot a 192 (Jr high) and were sweating bullets as our top female shooter hit a cold streak the last round.

When she got recruited last fall to sign up for this we were told that the girls make or break the team. After understanding the scoring and seeing how tight the boys shooting is I finally understand. Apparently we only had 2 females last year and had to take a zero that cost them the win. (Idk, we were still in grade school then)

And tell your son congrats! Those are some fantastic numbers!
Yeah it's all up to the girls. Our HS graduated all of our better girls but still have some that shot well today. Three of them were always good for a 25-23 and the other two a 22-20. This was the first year without my daughter there and was pretty strange, she was there every year from 7th-12th grade lol.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Side note here, a bunch of the moms of the kids are up in arms. They finally came to see the shoot and see all these sharp looking teams in matching jerseys and vests. Then look at our kids and say they look like a bunch of farmers kids. Well lol, they are. But maybe now they can get a little more budget (preferably for shells though)

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah it's all up to the girls. Our HS graduated all of our better girls but still have some that shot well today. Three of them were always good for a 25-23 and the other two a 22-20. This was the first year without my daughter there and was pretty strange, she was there every year from 7th-12th grade lol.
Sounds like she needs to come back and train up the next round! Maybe come give mine some pointers too!

Today was a fluke. A well fought for and hard practiced for fluke. But still a fluke. She was averaging 8-12 up until regionals. Then got some help with her mount and came up to 15-18 twice a week since then. She was mad as hell at her 14 during the first match, but idk if it’s luck, hard work, or a good smattering of both to get the 19 and 20. Either way she will take it. She’s my one that struggles with self confidence to the extreme, today was a good day for her

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Sounds like she needs to come back and train up the next round! Maybe come give mine some pointers too!

Today was a fluke. A well fought for and hard practiced for fluke. But still a fluke. She was averaging 8-12 up until regionals. Then got some help with her mount and came up to 15-18 twice a week since then. She was mad as hell at her 14 during the first match, but idk if it’s luck, hard work, or a good smattering of both to get the 19 and 20. Either way she will take it. She’s my one that struggles with self confidence to the extreme, today was a good day for her
Best thing you can do for her and especially since you're close to El Reno is get her shooting ATA as much as possible. My daughter started at 12yo. We made lots of trips to El Reno, Shawnee, Duncan, Enid, Tulsa, Ada, Iowa Park Texas, Anthony Kansas and Wichita. Her and about a dozen kids her age from El Reno, Hobart, Thackerville, Elk City, Nash, and two kids from Merritt schools, shot together until they all graduated, there's actually two left that haven't graduated, one senior boy at El Reno and one senior girl at Merritt. She was on the team of five sub jrs from OK who went to the Grand National AIM/ATA in Sparta, IL three years ago and won it. They missed 24 out of 1000 lol. 7500 to 10k rounds a year will improve a kid's shooting. My daughter is the only one out of that bunch who didn't go on to college and shoot for a college or university. Good times, I miss it. My son could take it or leave it, he could shoot really well if he shot as much as she did but he's too involved with other sports most of the time.

Edit, that was four years ago already, time goes by too quickly.
https://www.okshooters.com/threads/ata-aim-national-shoot-2019-oklahoma-team.279284/

Latest posts

Top Bottom