Stolen trail cam's---SO MAD!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
maybe i'm wrong or i did not look at the product you listed right. but i thought in some dogs they just inserted a small chip, like the size of a pill?? can you not find one like that threw maybe a local vet and see what options they can do. that way you can glue a small chip in place and it not be as noticeable??

just thinking out loud....

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can't remotely locate the hound just because it has a chip in it... or at least not the ones that my dogs have. That only works if they are found and brought to a vet and they scan for RFID transceiver. Side note, if anyone does not chip your dog, you should! It is dirt cheap.

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
maybe i'm wrong or i did not look at the product you listed right. but i thought in some dogs they just inserted a small chip, like the size of a pill?? can you not find one like that threw maybe a local vet and see what options they can do. that way you can glue a small chip in place and it not be as noticeable??

just thinking out loud....

Those microchips in pets are just an RFID tag that has to be scanned by someone for identification, they don't broadcast anything... The vet, pound, or possibly even animal control may have the scanners to determine the ownership of a picked up animal.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The more and more I read your posts, the more I realize how truly "special" you are.

To recommend that someone knowingly take an action which would intentionally hurt someone is absolutely asinine! There are PLENTY of other ways to solve the problem. A solution like what you have suggested should not even be an option.

I agree. I read a news report several years ago, where a land owner was a victim of several robberies in his outbuildings. He set up a 12 ga with a trip wire, and killed the juvenile that came through the door. He was convicted of 1st degree pre-meditated Murder.
Think about it.

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thanks for the dog info, i was just unsure how that all worked out, with those small chips, i figured some one who has expensive dogs ends up lossing one they might be able to track it... (i know they have other means to track game dogs, just thought that the small chips were able to be done that way also)

do the game camera's that take photos and send them to you, able to be pinged, wheather they are on or off? just curious because it would have to have something inside the housing to maybe trace or to track signal, since it can send pictures/info. kinda like cell phones can be triangulated?

would be funny to dig a big a$$ hole and cover it up and let them fall 10' with a bottom laced with mouse traps..:) (just trying to be ethnical, i know, i know; "other animals or people might get hurt because of the mouse traps", :thumb:)

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think you can ping a game cam, and if you could, it wouldn't do you much good. Like you said, it would only tell you if it was on or off. Triangulating one would work technically since they work off of a cellular signal, but you are getting all CSI and that just isn't going to happen. Like the others, I would HIGHLY advise against anything that could harm anyone else. It isn't worth harming someone over a game cam. My suggestion, would be to use an IR camera on the trail leading into where your feeder or other game cams have been installed, and make sure it is hidden extremely well. Then you could possibly get a shot of them coming in and poking around for your goods. Use some kind of decoy, a old lawn chair, crappy blind, or something to get their attention. If they are trespassing, they are probably going to go investigate anything that they think they could steal or trash.

Tyson C.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
csi-miami.jpg

sorry had too.....

something to think about...if you get the picture model and the moron steps in front of it to take it, the cam sends a pic of his face to you.....not a bad idea...

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My friend and I have now had two trail cam's stolen on our lease property. Does anyone know of a real time GPS tracking device that is somewhat low cost with a small monthly fee?

I am thinking about putting one in a dummy camera. So far this is the best I have found.

http://www.zoombak.com/products/universal/

What is the battery life on that zoombak? They dance around and never give the specs on their website, claiming it "depends on useage"

VIKING

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree. I read a news report several years ago, where a land owner was a victim of several robberies in his outbuildings. He set up a 12 ga with a trip wire, and killed the juvenile that came through the door. He was convicted of 1st degree pre-meditated Murder.
Think about it.
I agree to a point but we're talking about some jerk cutting his fingers, not blowing his head off. Personally, a bunch of cut fingers is a small price to pay to be a thief.

Latest posts

Top Bottom