Storm shelter questions.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DO NOT USE STORM SAFE,I have an in the garge floor shelter installed by them in 2004 that is rusting through and they refuse to honor the lifetime warranty

Maverick1911

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure what your budget is but check out Aaron's Shelters on okc. It's a family owned that has been around for decades. They install patio top shelters that provide you a concrete room underground with 6'8" of headspace. Smallest room is 8x8 for around $6k.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure what your budget is but check out Aaron's Shelters on okc. It's a family owned that has been around for decades. They install patio top shelters that provide you a concrete room underground with 6'8" of headspace. Smallest room is 8x8 for around $6k.

Do they have a website? My Google search didn't turn up anything.

Sent from outer space or somewhere from my mobile device

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just thought I would throw this out there. If anyone is looking for an in-ground shelter in the northeast Oklahoma area, I can give you a good reference. I searched for many months for an in-ground shelter..many months. I looked at everyone's offerings and can give you a few tips on what to look for. The most important thing is to check out their shelters in person. If you're just buying from a website or pictures and haven't been in one in person..then you're just asking for trouble. Also: (1) You'd better check out the shelters in person and take a measuring tape with you, almost NONE of them really measure up to the dimensions they claim. Most measure from the outside instead of the inside. Some are so far off from what is claimed that it's stupid. (2) If the warranty isn't at least 10 years, don't even bother. (3) check the materials that they use (concrete) and ask them how they are reinforced. Some of the answers may surprise you. (4) Ask for referrals!!!

We found a private contractor in Northeast Oklahoma that offered (BY FAR) the best bang for the buck. He readily gave us referrals and encouraged us to check out his shelters in person. He installed our shelter for a total cost of $2800 - it measures 6'x8' and is 6'2" tall - on the inside.

Mike_60

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had an in ground patio type shelter built a few years ago by Aaron's in OKC. If I remember correctly it's 8x11 on the inside. We have quite a bit of stuff stored down in the 'bunker'. I had it built about 60' from the back of the house. I usually keep it locked until the weather starts getting predicted to be ugly. It was cast in place all in one piece and has had no problems so far.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had an in ground patio type shelter built a few years ago by Aaron's in OKC. If I remember correctly it's 8x11 on the inside. We have quite a bit of stuff stored down in the 'bunker'. I had it built about 60' from the back of the house. I usually keep it locked until the weather starts getting predicted to be ugly. It was cast in place all in one piece and has had no problems so far.

Cost?

Sent from outer space or somewhere from my mobile device

Latest posts

Top Bottom