Sweet Boy Needs a Home

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
On the first day, God created the dog and said, "Sit all day by the door of your house and bark at anyone who comes in or walks past. For this, I will give you a life span of twenty years."
The dog said, "That's a long time to be barking. How about only ten years and I'll give you back the other ten?"
And God saw it was good.
On the second day, God created the monkey and said, "Entertain people, do tricks, and make them laugh. For this, I'll give you a twenty-year life span."
The monkey said, "Monkey tricks for twenty years? That's a pretty long time to perform. How about I give you back ten like the dog did?"
And God, again saw it was good.
On the third day, God created the cow and said, "You must go into the field with the farmer all day long and suffer under the sun, have calves and give milk to support the farmer's family. For this, I will give you a life span of sixty years."
The cow said, "That's kind of a tough life you want me to live for sixty years. How about twenty and I'll give back the other forty?"
And God agreed it was good.
On the fourth day, God created humans and said, "Eat, sleep, play, marry and enjoy your life. For this, I'll give you twenty years."
But the human said, "Only twenty years? Could you possibly give me my twenty, the forty the cow gave back, the ten the monkey gave back, and the ten the dog gave back; that makes eighty, okay?"
"Okay," said God, "You asked for it."
So that is why for our first twenty years, we eat, sleep, play and enjoy ourselves.
For the next forty years, we slave in the sun to support our family.
For the next ten years, we do monkey tricks to entertain the grandchildren.
And for the last ten years, we sit on the front porch and bark at everyone.
Life has now been explained to you. There is no need to thank me for this valuable information. I'm doing it as a public service.
If you are looking for me I will be on the front porch.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Are you serious?? Because I'd be glad to potty train him for you.

I could kill two birds with one stone then -- I could get a feel for whether I'm reading Dawg right (whether he needs a buddy) and whether or not I'm physically able to handle two dogs again. Some days I'd LOVE to have another dog. Other days I'm grateful I only have Dawg.

Anyway ... I'm at the damned doctor's office (seems like I spend more time in waiting rooms than I do at home these days) so if I don't answer you right back it means I'm listening to a doctor tell me a bunch of ********.

I'll even work on recall and some other basic commands while he's here if you'd like. I dunno if you remember or not but one of the guys here had a GSD puppy that they just could NOT get under control. He was talking about rehoming her but was afraid his kids would never forgive him (they were little, too, like early grade school). She came here and hung out with me for a month or so. They were SO happy with her when they got her back. She was potty-trained to "go" on command and had all her basic commands down pretty good. Last time I saw them she was getting up there in dog years. She made them a wonderful dog. Not all of that was my potty training her, but that certainly didn't hurt. Lol
Go ahead and take him for yourself. I don't think I could keep up with a dog that young.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you serious?? Because I'd be glad to potty train him for you.

I could kill two birds with one stone then -- I could get a feel for whether I'm reading Dawg right (whether he needs a buddy) and whether or not I'm physically able to handle two dogs again. Some days I'd LOVE to have another dog. Other days I'm grateful I only have Dawg.

Anyway ... I'm at the damned doctor's office (seems like I spend more time in waiting rooms than I do at home these days) so if I don't answer you right back it means I'm listening to a doctor tell me a bunch of ********.

I'll even work on recall and some other basic commands while he's here if you'd like. I dunno if you remember or not but one of the guys here had a GSD puppy that they just could NOT get under control. He was talking about rehoming her but was afraid his kids would never forgive him (they were little, too, like early grade school). She came here and hung out with me for a month or so. They were SO happy with her when they got her back. She was potty-trained to "go" on command and had all her basic commands down pretty good. Last time I saw them she was getting up there in dog years. She made them a wonderful dog. Not all of that was my potty training her, but that certainly didn't hurt. Lol

Go ahead and take him for yourself. I don't think I could keep up with a dog that young.

Maybe y'all could have a 'joint custody' arrangement....

:thumbup3:

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I don't think you understand ... My marriage is on rocky ground most days as it is. Let me get him, keep him 6 weeks or so and teach him some basic manners. Take him for a few weeks. If it doesn't work out, I'll take him back. How's that?? No lose proposition for you.

chiefgoodideafairy

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
That dog probably won't even require potty training. At least not more than a couple of nos.
He looks to be part amstaff. They are smart, calm and well mannered in my experience.
Was thinking the same thing. I have an AST myself. Just might be the smartest and most well tempered dog I've ever had. And excellent guard dog.

Latest posts

Top Bottom