Taurus G3C 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

caliberbob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone have any input on these? I’m one of the biggest haters of Taurus besides their TX22 pistol but my local store is having a sale on them at $209.99. Wondering if they’re worth checking out.

Three 12 round mags included. Sounds like a decent deal to me.
If you buy it I’ll give you $3 for it 😈

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would consider it. I’ve had a lot of fudds in gun stores tell me they’re just as good as a Glonk. I have a good friend who carry’s one and loves it. I honestly haven’t heard much bad about them. For the price it’s definitely worth a try, but unless it was my only option I wouldn’t trust it with my life. Could make a solid boat/tackle box/glovebox gun if anything.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glocks aren't special anymore, too many platforms are just as good in terms of reliability and better with regards to ergos, trigger, sights, etc.

I have a good friend who carry’s one and loves it. I honestly haven’t heard much bad about them. For the price it’s definitely worth a try, but unless it was my only option I wouldn’t trust it with my life.

I would. I've owned 3 of them. They, and the PT92 series are the only Taurus guns I'd say that about.... but they surprised the heck out of me.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glocks aren't special anymore, too many platforms are just as good in terms of reliability and better with regards to ergos, trigger, sights, etc.
I’m no fanboy, but I can’t say that I have seen any? Springfields have issues that pop up here and there with longevity and their initial releases typically need the creases worked out, Sig Sauer beta tests on their customers, I’ve seen a lot of bad about FN, most Taurus pistols are iffy, smith and Wesson’s newer stuff is pretty good, but the 10mm M&P seems to be plagued with issues. I can’t find much on glonks except for G44 issues, operator error, and reliability issues caused by aftermarket parts, clones, and user modifications.

I agree that the triggers, ergos, and sights aren’t exactly the best, but ergos are different for everyone on every gun, triggers can be smoothed out, adjusted, replaced, or trained to compensate for, and sights can be modified or replaced easily. I think a big part of the reliability argument is just a problem of overconsumption of information; but it makes it hard for me to move outside of the glonk box now that I’ve found myself in there.

Letfreedomring

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you don't mind being seen with a Hi-point in a dress!:bolt:

Seriously though, never played with a g3c, but my g2c is a little finicky with the trigger safety. If you side load it at all you can feel a hitch in the middle of the squeeze. Plus it has a really shallow throat (unlike the wife, know what I'm saying?:naughty:) Everything that chambers easily in my other pea shooters will jamb the slide on the taurus if the oal is on the longer side, but ymmv... Other than those niggles it is a solid chooter and can be easily fixed with aftermarket choices.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m no fanboy, but I can’t say that I have seen any?

That's fine.... but they do in fact exist, speaking from ownership. In fact most platforms are so well made that Glock isn't the standard any more. I mean we can cherry pick internet lore all day long......

I remember when Glock had to bus up a trailer to NY and sit there for a year to fix all the NYPD G19s. LOOONG time ago, but a significant issue none the less. I remember all the 3rd Gen glocks that wouldn't run right with a WMLs and I owned 2 G22s that had that issue. The large frame glocks had FTRB issues, so they quietly did "upgrades" to fix. It took 3 revisions of the G42 trigger before it would reset right. I could go on.

But Cmon.... the fact of the matter is that Springfield, S&W, Beretta, Sig, CZ, FN, H&K, Walther and others all have extremely reliable platforms. So the notion that Glock is a standard of any type is quite dated in thinking from my experiences. You say you're in a Glock box, I get it, nothing wrong with that whatsoever. I'm probably in an H&K/SIG/1911 box...... but I can name several other guns I'd trust my life with. Back to the OP though, the G3 is one of them too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom