Taurus G3C 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crrcboatz

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would consider it. I’ve had a lot of fudds in gun stores tell me they’re just as good as a Glonk. I have a good friend who carry’s one and loves it. I honestly haven’t heard much bad about them. For the price it’s definitely worth a try, but unless it was my only option I wouldn’t trust it with my life. Could make a solid boat/tackle box/glovebox gun if anything.
I have one and consider a go to in one room in my home. Other rooms covered with other 9 mm and 357

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's fine.... but they do in fact exist, speaking from ownership. In fact most platforms are so well made that Glock isn't the standard any more. I mean we can cherry pick internet lore all day long......

I remember when Glock had to bus up a trailer to NY and sit there for a year to fix all the NYPD G19s. LOOONG time ago, but a significant issue none the less. I remember all the 3rd Gen glocks that wouldn't run right with a WMLs and I owned 2 G22s that had that issue. The large frame glocks had FTRB issues, so they quietly did "upgrades" to fix. It took 3 revisions of the G42 trigger before it would reset right. I could go on.

But Cmon.... the fact of the matter is that Springfield, S&W, Beretta, Sig, CZ, FN, H&K, Walther and others all have extremely reliable platforms. So the notion that Glock is a standard of any type is quite dated in thinking from my experiences. You say you're in a Glock box, I get it, nothing wrong with that whatsoever. I'm probably in an H&K/SIG/1911 box...... but I can name several other guns I'd trust my life with. Back to the OP though, the G3 is one of them too.
I was simply stating my current viewpoint and asking for clarification/perspective guy, that’s all.

Hworth18

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've owned a few G2C's and they were always reliable, good shooters. I was considering getting one of these thru the new Frontier Justice store that has them for $199 on Black Friday.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the G3c's are considered the best of G series, i have one its a great shooter,,they come with a safety or not ,, mine does not have the safety which i consider a plus for CC ,seeing this gun has blade trigger safety..if yours doesnt feed HP all the time it just needs a feed ramp polishing,, thats all mine needed,, it wouldnt always feed Sig V-crown HP (large HP opening),sometimes it did sometime not, but after polishing that feed ramp its 100%..

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have any input on these? I’m one of the biggest haters of Taurus besides their TX22 pistol but my local store is having a sale on them at $209.99. Wondering if they’re worth checking out.

Three 12 round mags included. Sounds like a decent deal to me.
For that price, it's a YES. Get one of the factory extended mags and then you can essentially have a G3x and a G3C all-in-one.

Apparently, they like to break in on FMJ and must do so before feeding defensive ammo reliably.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would consider it. I’ve had a lot of fudds in gun stores tell me they’re just as good as a Glonk. I have a good friend who carry’s one and loves it. I honestly haven’t heard much bad about them. For the price it’s definitely worth a try, but unless it was my only option I wouldn’t trust it with my life. Could make a solid boat/tackle box/glovebox gun if anything.
Good for that...but I think snappier than a glock. But does have double-strike capability which not many guns do.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you don't mind being seen with a Hi-point in a dress!:bolt:

Seriously though, never played with a g3c, but my g2c is a little finicky with the trigger safety. If you side load it at all you can feel a hitch in the middle of the squeeze. Plus it has a really shallow throat (unlike the wife, know what I'm saying?:naughty:) Everything that chambers easily in my other pea shooters will jamb the slide on the taurus if the oal is on the longer side, but ymmv... Other than those niggles it is a solid chooter and can be easily fixed with aftermarket choices.
G3C supposedly has a better trigger

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My experiences with Taurus in the past wasn't so good. From my many Taurus, I only kept the judge. A friend changed my mind when I shot his G2C it was as smooth as butter, and he ran over 5k rds through it. I bought a G3, then another, then a G3C, then a G4. All have been reliable, except for the G4 I haven't shot it yet.

OKgetdown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve had a few Taurus pistols. A PT92 that I couldn’t tell you how many rounds went through that thing. High round count. Wore out some mag springs but the gun kept going. I had a millennium pro pt111 which I believe is the forerunner to the G2/G3 series. It was a good pistol too. I got up to 2500-3000 rounds on that one before it got traded off. Also have a 856 revolver. I’ve ran about 400 rounds through it so far. So far so good. It’s actually a pretty nice little revolver.

I think you will probably be ok. I read the stuff online about Taurus. But I’ve always been ok. Just give it a good look over before purchasing if you can.

Latest posts

Top Bottom