Taurus M85 2.5" SS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RangeHound

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am looking at the Taurus M85 with the 2.5" barrel. I like the idea of a little longer barrel over 1 7/8" barrel plus the price is attractive. Everything I read says Taurus has really upped their quality. I would probably still put in new Wolfe springs.

Anyone here have any personal experience with this model/length?

Thanks

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a short M85 Titanium (with ports no less). That revolver is probably 2002 or 03 vintage.

Speaking to the length... I really enjoyed the 3 inch SW j frames that have passed my way. A little extra sight radius and weight make for a enjoyable shooting experience. Down side? Not many stock production holsters are offered for long bbl snubs.

Action on the Ti 85... very light, no creep, clean trigger in single action... I'd estimate 10 pounds in double action on the one I have. I thought about re springing mine and cleaning it up some... but it's improved with use.

For the money ... I feel that Taurus makes a good value in revolvers... Downside? ... probably enough lemons occur to keep a fellow from getting real attached until the bugs work out. I was lucky... got a good one.

You will like the Stainless a lot better than the light weight... it's a handfull with 158 grain lead... and the fireball out the ports makes me worry about night blindness if I fired it in low light.

Latest posts

Top Bottom