Telescopic stock for youth

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a Marlin 60 that I purchased from a fellow OSA member, thinking I'd make it my daughter's gun. She's not quite 7 yet but has shot a little off the bench. I need to shorten the stock on this rifle but I hate to cut up a perfectly good stock since once it's done it is always a "youth" stock and she'll outgrow it.

So I have this idea of making a stock that will grow with her. I thought about cutting the stock off about an inch in front of the butt plate and cutting it again behind the pistol grip. Then for the missing section add in some sort of telescopic arrangement, like the adjustable part of a crutch. I know I'll have to fab up some stuff but I have all the tools to do it.

Anyway, just sorta thinking out loud. Figured I'd paint the stock pink when I get it built.

:woohoo1:

Hooker

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have 4 grand kids in assorted sizes:D
So I mounted a Tapco 6 position stock on their Ruger 10 22 so far it has worked out very well. It also adds that extra cool factor and it has the kids wanting to shoot more often.

Pat

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 4 grand kids in assorted sizes:D
So I mounted a Tapco 6 position stock on their Ruger 10 22 so far it has worked out very well. It also adds that extra cool factor and it has the kids wanting to shoot more often.

Pat

Yeah, I wish the Marlin 60 had the choice of stocks that the 10/22 has!

Latest posts

Top Bottom