Tell me about Spikes Tactical

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm a big fan of Spikes. They make quality stuff. I've built 3 AR's using their uppers and lowers and have had no complaints or issues with any of them.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got a Spike's lower waiting for an upper, I'd say they are one of the best common brands available. I wouldn't hesitate on worries of their quality.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will not deal with Spikes. I placed an order with them a few years back and they said it would be eight weeks to deliver. Eight weeks came and went and I called them back. They said it would be another four to six weeks. Not that big of a deal EXCEPT they charged my credit card for the full amount when I placed the order (without telling me of their policy). CC companies only give you 60 days to dispute a charge. I cancelled the order and demanded a refund on the spot.

Their stuff might be fine and I won't speak to that, but there are far to many AR companies out there with better business practices IMO. :(

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will not deal with Spikes. I placed an order with them a few years back and they said it would be eight weeks to deliver. Eight weeks came and went and I called them back. They said it would be another four to six weeks. Not that big of a deal EXCEPT they charged my credit card for the full amount when I placed the order (without telling me of their policy). CC companies only give you 60 days to dispute a charge. I cancelled the order and demanded a refund on the spot.

Their stuff might be fine and I won't speak to that, but there are far to many AR companies out there with better business practices IMO. :(

And you forgot what they did when obama first got elected. Jacking up the price of their lowers.

thefenux

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Let me elaborate on my earlier praise: they make good product that I wholeheartedly recommend using and buying. Just never buy direct from them as a consumer.

Their customer service, even with as busy as they stay now, is top notch though. They took care of problems with some LPKs I had in no time.

But buying direct from them sucks, even for dealers. They've always been bad about hitting estimated ship dates, or at least since they made a name for themselves. Currently, their still processing orders for dealers from last summer, way before the panic. For example, JoeBobOutfitters just got in 1,000 lowers this week. They were ordered in May of last year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom