Texas Auto Value legit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Did the deal today. I’m pleased with them. Still seems a strange way to do business but it’s effective. I didn’t sense any fraud.

Will update if something comes up and I end up getting screwed over. Hard to make $30,000 cash in person at bank fraudulent though. Got asked questions when I deposited the money but it’s a small bank and they saw us selling the car to the guy. Turned right around and paid the car off too with our lender. I’m sure it still got reported to the you know what.

So far I’d say use Texas Auto Value if you need to sell your car. Gave us more money than “Give me the Vin” was offering.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Guy flew in to Amarillo from Dallas and ubered to Guymon.

He brings cash with him and does all the paperwork. Gives you the money. Puts the dealer tag on the car and drives it back to Dallas or whatever suburb the company is from.
Interesting. Seems like a fair amount of time and money to invest to buy cars for resale, but must be worth it.

Seems pretty painless from your seat.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Interesting. Seems like a fair amount of time and money to invest to buy cars for resale, but must be worth it.

Seems pretty painless from your seat.

He said they buy 100-150 cars a day. If they just make $1000 on each one after selling them they’re potentially making $150,000+ a day.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I have sold them two trucks this year. They beat CARMAX and carvarna. 2021 TRD Pro and a 2020 TRD Trail Edition. Both times they came in a minivan with 3 and 4 people going around to banks, meeting people and driving all the vehicles south.

Seems like they go after the newest models. Glad you had a good experience with them.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
EDIT - Never mind I see your response above.
Did you complete the sale with them? If so, how did it go?

Went well. He flew into Amarillo and Ubered to Guymon and met me at my bank. We did some paperwork. They handed me the asking price of $30k in cash. I went to the teller and deposited the money into my account then got online and paid off Hyundai.

He got proof we paid it off and then he took the keys and drove back to Dallas.

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went well. He flew into Amarillo and Ubered to Guymon and met me at my bank. We did some paperwork. They handed me the asking price of $30k in cash. I went to the teller and deposited the money into my account then got online and paid off Hyundai.

He got proof we paid it off and then he took the keys and drove back to Dallas.
Awesome. I am glad it worked out well. Seems like a no brainer!

Latest posts

Top Bottom