Texas church shooting..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
First and foremost, thoughts and prayers go out to all of the victims and their families.

Second, I believe there will be an attempt to sweep this under the rug. Someone bet me on it.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the shooter has been identified correctly, he was dishonorably discharged from the USAF so he should have never been able to own a firearm.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
Its very easy to have a dishonorable Discharge overturned, and it doesn't even take that long to do it. To top that off, its often VERY cheap to get done

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The church had three flagpoles prominently displaying the American, Texas and one other flag. These may have been what attracted the shooter, consistent with reports that the murderer may have been an Antifa member.
Screen Shot 2017-11-05 at 9.46.42 PM.png

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I believe he was discharged after court-martial and confinement for 12 months for apparently assaulting his wife and son. Yet another law on the books to keep this guy from owning weapons (debate it as proper or not, it's on the books) that didn't work.

Let's get more laws on the books that don't work, right?

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I won't say if I carry or not in Church. Several members do and we have average attendance of 110 in our small community church.
We had a benefit lunch today to collect funds to buy clothes for needy kids this Christmas.
As my wife and I were eating, I mentioned to her how this church (today) would be a great target for the ANTIFA.
She rolled her eyes, like she does with me sometimes. Later in the day, she cried a bit.
The ANTIFA liberal dem. label will never come up. Just those darn black assault rifles.
It was a man with a rifle that stopped the shooting.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have heard several "he had a ballistic vest" - anyone know what that means in this context? A load bearing vest (like a molle vest) or does it imply a bullet proof vest? I have also heard some anchors say "body armor" but with no pic or elaboration I have no idea what that really means.

Also someone said that this small Baptist church building was flying a "Christian flag" - there's no such thing of which I know, does that just mean Southern Baptist Convention flag, or just a cross or something like that?

Edit - I just saw the pic posted of the flagpoles, though I can't really see the third flag in detail.

Last edited:

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
His classmate was interviewed and said he was a devout atheist who hated Christians...so democrats like this guy, the baseball game shooter, and radical muslims attack and the answer among predominantly democrat politicians is to basically disarm their victims?

Latest posts

Top Bottom