Texas has required number of signatures 25,000

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

freeranger

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Is succession constitutional?

Is it not?

Virginia and New York made their right to withdraw from the union a part of their acceptance of the Constitution. The logical conclusion is that a right exercised by one state is extended to all states equally.

From the Virginia Form of Ratification:

We the Delegates of the People of Virginia duly elected in pursuance of a recommendation from the General Assembly and now met in Convention having fully and freely investigated and discussed the proceedings of the Federal Convention and being prepared as well as the most mature deliberation hath enabled us to decide thereon Do in the name and in behalf of the People of Virginia declare and make known that the powers granted under the Constitution being derived from the People of the United States may be resumed by them whensoever the same shall be perverted to their injury or oppression and that every power not granted thereby remains with them and at their will: that therefore no right of any denomination can be cancelled abridged restrained or modified by the Congress by the Senate or House of Representatives acting in any Capacity by the President or any Department or Officer of the United States except in those instances in which power is given by the Constitution for those purposes ...

10Seconds

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
we could form a country with texas and other red states.
all the red states should become a new country ,then declare war on the blue states and take the whole country over and sell all the blue staters as slaves to dubai

LOL! Without the "red" states, the "blue" states would be in trouble in a hurry. Look at where the food comes from. Heck, look at where almost anything comes from.

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if Texas were to ceceded from the Union....in 24 months spanish would be their national language and the drug cartels would own the new nation.....the cartels would finally have the ideal nation--perfectly located and they could take it by force of arms...the original citizens would become illegal immigrants flooding the neighboring states with refugees seeking political asylum, food,clothing and shelter (welfare).... GET A GRIP ....

been

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it not?

Virginia and New York made their right to withdraw from the union a part of their acceptance of the Constitution. The logical conclusion is that a right exercised by one state is extended to all states equally.

From the Virginia Form of Ratification:

Thankyou. I was just wondering.

Did Texas do anything like what Virginia did?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Link? I haven't seen it.

Oklahoma's petition -
https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...ca-and-create-its-own-new-government/Z0G2vNtF

Sad we've only got 4k signatures. Not near the population or fiercely independent state pride, either. I'd probably sign if I didn't have to give WhiteHouse.gov my info in order to do so.

Oklahoma couldn't stand on her own. Every time we get a tornado or fire, we cry like a little 6 year old to the feds to declare it a disaster area to get our free money. Our politicians just talk about states rights. Their actions speak to the gimmie, gimmie crowd.

Why would TX want the dead weight? OK would need a serious reform in govt. mentality to even be a viable addition.

Sadly I'd have to agree. :(

Louisiana is about halfway to the goal.... Texiana? lol

JesseR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
With regards to foreign policy, I would assume Texas would take the same hands off approach as the Swiss. If its not on their soil, they don't care. I like the Swiss approach and applaud them for taking care of their own.

On the subject of the republic of Texas, I wish it was a more realistic option for them. They have some of the best education, jobs in all major areas, proven economic growth and plenty of land for future development.

With regards to comments about FEMA and border security, if you don't think the 5th largest economy in the world cant take care of that, you aren't fully realizing the option.

What is lost in all these comments is how it must reflect on the USA to see so many states wanting to leave the union. That is the real story, the complete failure of the government.

murphy j

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is lost in all these comments is how it must reflect on the USA to see so many states wanting to leave the union. That is the real story, the complete failure of the government.

I was thinking something pretty much along these lines also. Whether this movement has any teeth or not remains to be seen, but the simple fact that the people are expressing their disgruntlement is a good thing in my opinion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom