The turnpike system and the money grabbers In the state

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one has to use the turnpike. A couple of our fine members have bragged about how they beat paying tolls. Maybe they can give you some pointers. I think one guy bragged about pulling a trailer until he changed his story to it being a one time accidental thing.
If you are on 2 wheels, split the lanes going through and it wont even know you were there.
Dont ask how I know this.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hate that we have to pay a "toll". We're taxed to death already. I always smile and wave real big for the camera going through 🖕. The system needs to be audited, or burned to the ground.
No taxes are fed to the OTA, but they are still making profit where as ODOT is tax funded and makes 0 profit.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When ODOT and OTA merged a couple years or so back, thats when I retired from ODOT. I hung on a short while to see how it was going to play out, then I tossed in the towel.
The corruption and politics were stupid and it disgusted me.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When ODOT and OTA merged a couple years or so back, thats when I retired from ODOT. I hung on a short while to see how it was going to play out, then I tossed in the towel.
The corruption and politics were stupid and it disgusted me.
Maybe they can get them under OMES and just completely screw everything up... I'm surprised OMES hasn't tried to get the Governor's office under their thumb. Talk about empire builders...

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe they can get them under OMES and just completely screw everything up... I'm surprised OMES hasn't tried to get the Governor's office under their thumb. Talk about empire builders...
OMES was started under Stitt, They are his puppet.
And our director (no names) was deemed the director of both OTA and ODOT.
Actually that all began before his term as director.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OMES was started under Stitt
Service Oklahoma got its name under Stitt, but I'm pretty sure OMES started well before Stitt took office. Their empire building definitely began long before Stitt even considered running for office, back when they were the Office of State Finance--I don't recall exactly when, but they managed to do their takeover of the state's IT before my old boss retired back in 2015.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Service Oklahoma got its name under Stitt, but I'm pretty sure OMES started well before Stitt took office. Their empire building definitely began long before Stitt even considered running for office, back when they were the Office of State Finance--I don't recall exactly when, but they managed to do their takeover of the state's IT before my old boss retired back in 2015.

Wife and I worked for the OSBI up until 2014. The OMES was created prior to us retiring because her "old" boss was appointed as the director at OMES to be over the law enforcement agencies' IT section. I don't recall exact dates, but it was definitely prior to July 1, 2014. Part of the reason for the wife's decision to go ahead and retire was because of the mess that the IT consolidation did to procurement of computers and such equipment.

OkieMoe

WHEELMAN
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Now that I drive from Edmond to Ft Cobb a few times a month, my 40 dollars will only last a few months. When it used to last 6 or more months. I do enjoy it saving me time, but its getting to be not worth it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom