Through arguing with these people

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny, as I was reading through this thread I was going to post "Ask Dennis what these rifles can do against the might of a military like the USA's."

My pop told me the Ak in the hands of Vietnamese farmers held off the USA's military until we gave up.

That is the answer I give to the "DO you really think your rifle will fight tyranny?"

Just to make it clear, the US never lost a major battle in Vietnam. It was evident to all military people that we could win the war if the rules of engagement could be changed.
General Westmoreland lost his command because of his belief in this concept.
The politicians gave up leaving the military as cannon fodder.
The vc's use of simple booby traps killed and maimed thousands of Americans.
A captured grenade inside of a discarded spaghetti and meatball K ration can, would take out several troops.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just to make it clear, the US never lost a major battle in Vietnam

True, but isn't that beside the point? No matter what "political reasons" kept the USA from winning, the USA did not. The Vietcongs use of small arms greatly assisted to their victory.

Has the fact that AK's are very prevailant to our enemies in the middle east hindered us, much as it did the Russians?

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only thing that is going to convince the anti's and "luke warm" gun owners that evil black rifles with high cap magazines are necessary is for them to NEED one and to NEED IT BADLY. When they are waiting on the police to show up when they are being beaten by several home invaders they will understand at that point. Same thing with liberals and spending. Once economic meltdown is achieved they will get the memo. The gun issue is really no different, some people are just too convinced that they are smarter than anyone else and have it figured out.

Sadly, I think you are probably right. Most of these people are not capable of foresight and have total trust that their govt. will provide protection. Kinda like the difference between the people waiting around for FEMA help and the people out cleaning up and defending their neighborhood until law and order are restored. Just a total difference in mentality. Self-sufficiency is a foreign concept.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yet another.....

Countries where gun ownership is severely restricted have a crime rate that is much lower than ours.

England and Japan have lower murder rates than the US but higher in general violent crime rates, and they have restrictive gun laws. However, Switzerland and Israel have high rates of gun distribution and have even lower rates. South Africa's murder rate is even higher than the US, and they have very restrictive gun laws.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have to share this.

I have been in about a 3 day FB debate with a guy I don't really know but I know his relatives. The guy just showed his true colors, which I knew were there all along, but the debate has been somewhat respectful until now.

Background of the conversation: This guy is a veteran and more or less considers himself an expert on firearms and thinks if one wants to play with assault rifles, they should join the military. I mentioned that nearly every vet I know is pro-gun and pointed out how odd it is that he does not think the same way about rights that most others do that serve do.

I will always question the manhood of those who pretend to be something they are not because they are too unwilling or too cowardice to join that which they imitate, especially those who hide behind an assault rifle. Much like I question the mental acumen of those who so readily and willingly regurgitate the babblings of a subjective and self serving partisan study while accepting as truth a loose interpretation of the constitution made by a lobbyist group. Yes , I am an anomaly. Most veterans are of your persuasion. I can say the majority of them are from the south and rural areas. Coincidentally, that is also the area with the lowest education levels. The military culture is an especially violent one out of necessity, and they can hardly be trusted to make a judgment about civilization from an insular set of experiences. I also question the integrity of a group of people who cry for smaller government while supporting an organization that asks the government to fund armed guards in our schools. That is the measure of hypocrisy. And why is driving a car a privilege but owning an assault rifle is a right? You are correct in that we will never agree. I refuse to undo over six years off higher education. I am content to simply let your ideals die, because that is what happens to backward thinking in the line of progressivism. Unless you change your thinking, you are in for a world of disappointment. it may be a slow death or it may be next year, but its happening. I'm out.

I thought it was very Piers Morgan.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have to share this.

I have been in about a 3 day FB debate with a guy I don't really know but I know his relatives. The guy just showed his true colors, which I knew were there all along, but the debate has been somewhat respectful until now.

Background of the conversation: This guy is a veteran and more or less considers himself an expert on firearms and thinks if one wants to play with assault rifles, they should join the military. I mentioned that nearly every vet I know is pro-gun and pointed out how odd it is that he does not think the same way about rights that most others do that serve do.

I thought it was very Piers Morgan.

6 years of higher education and he is still not thinking logically. :nolike:

Latest posts

Top Bottom