Top ten reasons to vote Democrat.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
a fellow on facebook has recently changed party affiliation. his reasons below:

I was asked why I would join up with Democrats vs. the GOP the other day. Here are ten reasons that I quickly came up with in my response.
As in all things, the state party is not that national party. Here's how they are better.
1. They are moving in the direction of ending the drug war. The OKGOP won't do that.
2. They are for immigration reform that has a pathway to citizenship. The OKGOP won't do that.
3. They are for marriage equality. The OKGOP won't do that.
4. They aren't running a propaganda campaign against peaceful Muslims. The OKGOP is doing that.
5. They are looking at sentencing reform. The OKGOP won't do that.
6. They are pushing against the police state. The OKGOP won't do that.
7. They are raising questions about privacy and are against the Patriot Act. The OKGOP won't do that.
8. They are allowing Washington state and Colorado to nullify federal pot laws. The OKGOP won't do that.
9. They now support ballot access reform. The OKGOP won't do that.
10. They are pushing against asset forfeiture. The OKGOP won't do that.
-Craig Dawkins

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, because dogs can legally consent to marriage via written contract.

Even funnier is that same-sex marriage was practiced tens of thousands of years ago. It wasn't until the era of the Roman Empire when Catholics hijacked the concept and injected religion into the mix. So when people claim that we're redefining marriage, we're actually restoring it.

While Catholics are known to condemn same sex marriage, PLEASE do no blame the disdain solely on the Catholic faith. I am Catholic and find that statement VERY offensive. Ask Billy Graham what he thinks, or ANY Baptist/Methodist/Lutheran preacher and I'll bet you get a general "not in favor" response for same sex marriage.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like he was already a liberal democrat, just making it official.

or maybe he is a libertarian, and oklahoma democrats are more closely aligned to liberty than the okgop.
since those are the only two "real" parties to choose from....

some of those reasons, and others, are why i removed party affiliation on my voter registration.

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
some of those reasons, and others, are why i removed party affiliation on my voter registration.

People like you are the reason we are stuck with candidates such as Fallin and Lankford.

If all of us who hate the Republican establishment would register and vote in the primaries we could have a Governor like Brogdon, instead you all claim to be independents then whine when the rinos keep winning.

Glock_21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Red or blue, it all amounts to this......

Politics.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom