totally creeped out!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plissken

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All right.. here's one of my early ones. I was around 10 years old at the time. My father had a little oilfield pipe, supply, and well service company back in the early 80's. One afternoon/evening, he was headed over to one of the leases to check the wells. I rode along with him. We usually parked at the tank battery and walked into the individual wells from there. We had been all over the land and the routine was just that, routine.

But on this trip, we are walking back to the truck (about halfway back from our 3/4 mile trek). Suddenly, I get this feeling of fear and dread. Something doesn't feel right. A few seconds later, out of the blue, my dad says, "if anything ever happens out here I want you to run as fast as you can to the truck". I replied, "you feel it too?". He told he just feels like we were being watched.

It was too bizarre. My dad and I both overcome with that "feeling." And I was a wee lad when it happened. My dad went and purchased a revolver shortly after that to make his rounds with. There was rumours later of some bear that escaped from the local zoo out there (in Kansas). But we never knew for sure what it was. Sasquatch I guess.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This one time me and my buddy were driving on this lone, deserted highway in the middle of August. Hotter than hell, miles from nowhere, and we come across this guy walking with nothing but an old duffel bag. We decide the only decent thing to do is give him a ride to the next store.

I pull over and the hitchhiker jumps in. He is a little rough, like he has been on the road a while but otherwise a nice guy. We chit chat a little about cars, fishing, the weather...just normal stuff like that. He seems pretty comfortable with us by this time. I lean over and say to my buddy "wonder what this guy has in that old duffel bag?" He says, "You know, I was wondering that too. He seems friendly, ask him."

I work up the nerve and ask him what is in the bag. He tenses up and squints his eyes like I have really crossed the line. He sticks his head up between the seats, gets right in my face and says "None of your gotdamn business." in the most disturbing voice imaginable. Great, that's what I get for following my buddies advice. Now I have pissed this lunatic off. I immediately apologize and try to calm him down.

Before I can even get the first sentence out, my buddy, never one to back down from anyone, interrupts me loudly. He says "Listen you piece of crap, we go out of our way to pick of a creepy looking guy like you on a 100 degree day in the middle of nowhere, and you think you can talk to me like that? Tell us what is in the damn bag or I'll throw your ass out the door!"

Great. Dumbass buddy just signed our death warrant.

The hiker has a 1000 yard stare now, still clutching that filthy bag. Once again, he say in the coldest voice I have ever heard "None of your gotdamn business."

All hell breaks loose. I'm trying to steer the car to the shoulder while my buddy is loosing punches on this crazy hitchhiker. I get to the shoulder and my buddy gets out to open the back door to finish fighting this guy. By the time he gets there this dude is flat out flying across a plowed under field. Looked like a cartoon with the dust trail he left.

It wasn't until we stopped a motel later that night we realized he had left the duffle bag sitting on the floorboard when he ran away.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
None of your gotdamned buisness.
:D

Nice, reeled me in!
afishingjones.files.wordpress.com_2008_10_hooked.jpg

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

I knew a trap was set but I couldnt resist.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Many years ago a freind and I went to Lubbock and laid an empty page of sheet music on Buddy Holly's grave. We turned away for a moment. When we turned back, it was gone!

SoonerTactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember the first time I KNEW there was someone in the downstairs of the house I was staying at during the week when commuting back and forth from OKC and home. I distinctly heard the closet door beneath the the staircase, and everyone but me was gone from town.

Needless to say, I pull my 1911, rack one, cock it, and put the safety one. Cleared the top floor and then went downstairs. Cleared room by room, some of which I had not been in before so I didn't know what to expect and inched my way through the house.

I did find a window slightly open in the spare bathroom just off the kitchen towards the garage and it's possible the noise could have been from that, but I KNOW I heard that door rattle because I went back through and jiggled it to reproduce the noise.

CREEPY feeling and didn't sleep well that night even though I was completely drained and jumpy...Dang pillow wasn't padded enough to keep the pistol from digging into my head.

Latest posts

Top Bottom