totally creeped out!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cue

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had an experience like that once:

Entrepreneur Steve Christie played by Peter Brouwer re-opens Camp Crystal Lake after many years during which it has been cursed by murders and bad luck. The young and nubile counselors all begin to die extremely bloody deaths at the hands of an unseen killer during a rainstorm which isolates the camp. A woman is chopped in the face with an axe, another has her throat sliced in amazingly gruesome fashion, a male counselor played by Harry Crosby is pinned to a door with arrows, and a young Kevin Bacon has an arrow shoved through his throat from below a bed. Victor Miller's script is not particularly impressive, but Cunningham's tense direction, and some remarkable special-effects by acclaimed makeup artist Tom Savini are enough to make it worthwhile. 1950s quiz show regular Betsy Palmer appears as the cook whose son, Jason played by Ari Lehman, drowned 25 years earlier while neglected by romancing counselors. I barely got out alive.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I had an experience like that once:

Entrepreneur Steve Christie played by Peter Brouwer re-opens Camp Crystal Lake after many years during which it has been cursed by murders and bad luck. The young and nubile counselors all begin to die extremely bloody deaths at the hands of an unseen killer during a rainstorm which isolates the camp. A woman is chopped in the face with an axe, another has her throat sliced in amazingly gruesome fashion, a male counselor played by Harry Crosby is pinned to a door with arrows, and a young Kevin Bacon has an arrow shoved through his throat from below a bed. Victor Miller's script is not particularly impressive, but Cunningham's tense direction, and some remarkable special-effects by acclaimed makeup artist Tom Savini are enough to make it worthwhile. 1950s quiz show regular Betsy Palmer appears as the cook whose son, Jason played by Ari Lehman, drowned 25 years earlier while neglected by romancing counselors. I barely got out alive.

:pms2:

You dork!

SwampPapa

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I was 17 and staying in the family house in Enid while the 'rents were getting a divorce. one was living in Alva the other out by great salt plains I was the only one in the house and sleeping in the guestroom the house is locked down tight. it's about this time of year there is a street light on the corner outside the window filtering through the heavy old style venitian blinds. I got cold, I mean shivering mid winter COLD and I get the feeling that I am no longer alone I do the settling in body shift thing and just barely open my eyes and look through my eyelashes there is a silhouette against the light colored walls standing at the bedside seemed like it was 7 feet tall and I just knew that the worst thing I could do is acknowledge it's existence I closed my eyes and got religion right then and there when I opened my eyes the room was warm, I was alone and the feeling was gone I got up and turned on all the lights in the house years before this incident we had had a small house fire and my youngest sister told my dad that she had seen a "fire demon" after the fact.
the house did have a history it was older, and located close to phillips university (Northwestern now) prior to this I had experienced things in the house before voices, hearing a rocking chair in the kitchen, smelling wood smoke prior to mealtimes but nothing like this before.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bumping this thread with a lame story, just so more get posted.

I was camping for a few days in the Ozarks at one of my regular fishing spots. Where I was camped sits near a good chunk of National Forest land. There are several old fire towers the CCC put up back in the 30's scattered about, some are/were climbable.
On the way back from getting some stuff in town I decided to pull out my map and go see the tallest tower, to see if it was still climbable, it's a couple miles down dirt forest service roads. If so, I was going to take a couple friends who were also camping that weekend up there later. I find that the floor is out of it and bottom section of stairs had been removed. Oh well. I decide to take the "main" dirt forest road through this section which is about 9 miles until it comes out on another highway, rather than come out the way I went in.

I'm about 5 miles in and the otherwise decent road turns to crap. Somebody drove it when it was muddy and rutted it all to hell, and it had not been graded since.
I round a left hand bend in the road and on the inside corner of the road is a late 80's 2WD Chevy S-10. Primer rust color, completely off the road in some thick brush. The first thing that went through my head was "break down, or stolen and dumped". Then I see 2 guys in it. The passenger sticks his hand out the window to wave at me as if to signal they are fine and don't need help. I figure it's just 2 rednecks drinking or doing dope or something.

Immediately after I pass I look in my mirror and the S-10 is peeling onto the road, slinging dirt and gravel everywhere. I though, oh shi* this can't be good. I start weighing my options. No cell service, 5 miles from the nearest highway, who knows how many miles from the nearest police/help. I decide my truck is better suited for the road, and if worse comes to worse I'm going to Baja 500 it until I hit pavement. Then I think "if they have a buddy blocking this narrow road up they way here, they have me dead to rights."
They are still RIGHT behind me. There is nobody else on the road, what possible reason would they have to pull out and follow me right as I pass them. I came to a wide spot on the right side of the road, waited until the last possible second, jammed the brakes and slid into it. Stuck it in reverse backed up and was now facing to where I could head the other way after they passed, or squeeze past them if they stopped. They stared at me and passed me REAL slow, then sped back up. I sit there for about 10-15 minutes, just waiting. I decide surely they decided to keep going and have hit the highway by now. I continue on, only to see the back of their truck doing about 5mph around a bend not 3/4's of a mile up the road.

I turned around and hauled ass the 7 miles until I hit pavement again. I still have no idea what they were doing. The best I can figure is mobile meth lab or something (common in the area), and they were paranoid and didn't really know what they were doing. Maybe they thought I was going to call the cops on them for sitting there and decided to get gone before the somebody came from the other direction? Maybe they were going to kill me/rob me/steal my truck/go full Deliverance on me? Maybe they were just locals that thought it would be fun to scare a city boy?

The creepiest part was the moment I passed them and they came fish tailing out of there in that old primer S-10. I was the only other car on 9+ miles of dirt forest service road, they choose to pull out behind me and stay on my ass?

okiemaggie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This happened in late april at the cemetery over in Washington. I go a couple of times each year to put flowers on my inlaws graves. Afterward I usually wander around a little. There's a lot of local history on some of those old stones and it's pretty interesting.

So it's mid-morning, mid-week and no one else is around. I'm walking back to my car when I see a styrofoam cup left on a gravestone. I walk over to get it to take to the trash and when I get there I see it is half full of hot coffee, hot enough to steam.

Immediately, I got this cold, creepy feeling that I interrupted something and was not welcome. So I hightailed it back to my car and left. It was like someone was yelling "Go Away" inside my head. I was awfully sorry that I had disturbed their coffee break :lookaroun

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Not really a creeped out thing but still sort of fits in.

For the last year and a half I've been taking careof my aunt and uncle's farm after my uncle died in Dec. '08 and my aunt had to move into an assited living place. Their place was pretty far out in the sticks and even with noone there but me it still felt like my aunt and uncles home.

Plenty of time to think while spending 5-6 hours mowing a big yard.

Every once in a while I'd catch a movement out of the corner of my eye and think I'd seen someone walking across the yard and figure someone had came up to check on me but there was never anyone around, always kind of made me think of my uncle, just kind of hanging around checking up on the place.

My aunt passed away on the 4th of July, I had to mow the next day. There was just a totaly different feeling to the place. For the first time it really felt empty.

Latest posts

Top Bottom