Toy Hauler?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had a few. Flat bed and enclosed. The best one I had come from Terry's Trailers here in OKC. The paint job was not the best, but the trailer was built good and pulled great. I will see if I can find any old pics of it.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Biggsly,

I think he means a bumper pull camper that is also a toy hauler. RV type toy haulers have a rear ramp that comes down for loading the "toys" and also may have the ability to lower beds from the ceiling to make the "garage" into an extra bedroom when the "toys" aren't inside.

Not sure what all they have anymore, but check out Lewis RV down on Reno and Eastern in OKC. Those are good folks to deal with and generally have a good selection. I just don't know about the bumper pull toy haulers.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have not owned one, but have been around some. If you have atv's or other off road vehicles and ride them in mud, dirt, and haul gas for them, you will also have the dust, dirt and smell in living quarters as well.

forindooruseonly

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My friend just bought one of these. Its a crossroads z1 with the deck on it. We haven't used it yet - he's actually deployed right now, but I hauled it for him back home. Seems nice enough for the price, it will be interesting pulling it, as it's long and I'd prefer a fifth wheel setup. However, we'd rather not smell fumes and funk from the atvs and bikes while trying to relax in the camper. There's another advantage in that you can still load up stuff in the back of the truck if needed, especially if dealing with atvs which take up a lot of room.

As I see it, the downside is that isn't as secure, meaning if you stop and go in a restaurant, your toys are still out in the open. It also doesn't pull as well as a goose or fifth wheel, it was a workout empty for my 3/4 ton dodge. Granted, mine is an older truck without a programmer or anything, but he's going to be using something similar. At the same time, as long as we're not in a hurry we'll be ok. We're gonna be hauling everything from sportbikes going to track days to dirtbikes and quads/pilots going to places like Little Sahara. Give me a few months, I'll let you know exactly what we think. As it is, it's just waiting.

http://www.crossroadsrv.com/z-1/floorplans/item/2014-zt252td?category_id=81

http://www.motorsportsland.com/details/index.php?stock=27006

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We have had a few enclosed Toy Haulers, both fifth wheel and bumper pull. Key word was "had"! We ride Colorado, Utah, Arkansas Mountain, Rivers etc. As Oklahomabassin stated, they freaking get to stinking bad, really rank, make a mess of everything inside, even with tarps, good tarps laid down. We went back to a Fifth wheel and pull the toys on a trailer behind said fifth wheel. That's my two cents.

If you are dead set on a bumper pull and you carry a few and heavy toys, go Work and Play brand. They are tough, they are built on enclosed car hauler frames and are not weak.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom