Toy Hauler?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gebrown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're looking at a toy hauler primarily for the extra room. If you travel with your dog(s) you can leave them in that room without worrying about them getting into things while your gone.
The 2 we're looking at have doors to the garage area, ones a door the other is a sliding glass door. The option to take a 4 wheeler is more of a bonus, at least for us. It won't be going on every trip.
Weight is my concern right now, I'll be pulling it with a Ram 1500, 3.92 gears, tow pkg, but it sits on 35's with a 6" lift.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We're looking at a toy hauler primarily for the extra room. If you travel with your dog(s) you can leave them in that room without worrying about them getting into things while your gone.
The 2 we're looking at have doors to the garage area, ones a door the other is a sliding glass door. The option to take a 4 wheeler is more of a bonus, at least for us. It won't be going on every trip.
Weight is my concern right now, I'll be pulling it with a Ram 1500, 3.92 gears, tow pkg, but it sits on 35's with a 6" lift.

In that case, I highly recommend that you go by a Dodge dealer and let them look at the truck and the data plate on the door to verify what the truck's GCVW (Gross Combined Weight Rating) is before buying a trailer. With that information, then add the "expected" weight of your truck with full fuel, passengers and cargo to the GVWR (Gross Vehicular Weight Rating) of the trailer to be sure you don't overload the truck's GCVW.

We used to have a 26-foot travel trailer that was way too heavy for the Ford F150 we had. We had to trade up to an F250 to be able to tow that one. Do NOT accept any salesman (truck or RV) telling you, "Oh, that truck will pull it just fine." Pulling is one thing....safely handling the trailer is another, especially if your family is along.

Latest posts

Top Bottom