Tractor time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That can happen if you don’t keep up.

Yep, same goes for not using weed block. I’ve had nothing but extra work using weed block in the flowerbeds and garden.

However using geotech fabric under the gravel is a good idea. It keeps the mud and dirt from working up through the gravel. It’s also a good idea to pack the gravel in with a roller.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, same goes for not using weed block. I’ve had nothing but extra work using weed block in the flowerbeds and garden.

However using geotech fabric under the gravel is a good idea. It keeps the mud and dirt from working up through the gravel. It’s also a good idea to pack the gravel in with a roller.
well yea underlayment if different then weed screen. compact or use screenings they pack up like concrete.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of light compact tractors, I’m going to build a weight box for the three point. Found another tractor weight yesterday. That makes 5 now. Won’t have to keep an implement on the back for additional traction and stability.
The front loader adds so much weight to the front that one has to stay in 4WD all the time. Front wheels do 80% of the work.
Lucky. I'd love to have a metal ballast box so I could take off my brush mower as it sticks out the back about 9'+ Just have a hard time spending $400 on one. Would also love a Landpride fork attachment. As they say, wish in one hand...........

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every time I use my little 3025E I'm impressed with what it'll do. I was loading full buckets of gravel and hauling it about 250' to the carport pad. I had my 5' box blade on the back and it handled the load just fine. It's a little slower than a bigger tractor...but it gets the job done.

I especially like the no emissions part of it...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lucky. I'd love to have a metal ballast box so I could take off my brush mower as it sticks out the back about 9'+ Just have a hard time spending $400 on one. Would also love a Landpride fork attachment. As they say, wish in one hand...........
Get one welded up and dump scrap iron into it.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get one welded up and dump scrap iron into it.
I'm looking into that. My shop techs today told me to go to the metal scrap yard by our office in McAlester and ask if they have any tractor/equipment weights. THey said they always set them aside and will sell at just over scrap price. One of my guys at work is much better welder than I and he said he'd weld me up something for the weights if I get them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the price of steel these days that could get expensive.
I haven't looked at the price of scrap steel. Made a run to the dump yesterday with a trailer load of mostly steel and some aluminum along with some other non steel junk. 1100 lbs worth in the total load. Didn't figure the steel and such would bring much to make one trip to the scrap yard and another to the landfill.

Latest posts

Top Bottom