Tractor time.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Screenshot_20230604_163641_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20230604_163707_Facebook.jpg

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of things would probably get the job done better. But they aren't $200 and 3 miles from the house. And an auger can dig a hole for anything...posts, trees, shrubs, etc... I suppose you could pound a tree or shrub into the ground with a hydraulic post driver but it wouldn't look very pretty.

This is the "little" guy that followed me home today. 1965 (I think) Ford 4000:

View attachment 381863View attachment 381864View attachment 381866

That’s a great looking Tractor. Hope it runs as good as it looks!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Damn! Got all his clothes!
We had a guy wear an apron when operating a big American lathe in a shop I worked at as a young man against company rules. 24" swing big. Huge machine. The updraft of air from the part hooked on the apron as it was pulled in with him in it. He was spinning at about 300 rpm if I remember right. Nobody could approach the lathe to shut if off because of the gore being slung around. Funeral was closed casket.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Messick's is running deals on Ironcraft PTO-driven tillers and flail mowers. The free shipping is just for people east of the Mississippi; we're in the $149 zone for shipping to a depot or to an 8-5 business with a dock (home delivery is available at an extra charge). I haven't priced these things lately, so I can't tell you if they're a good deal or not, but if you're looking, you might as well look...

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A lot of things would probably get the job done better. But they aren't $200 and 3 miles from the house. And an auger can dig a hole for anything...posts, trees, shrubs, etc... I suppose you could pound a tree or shrub into the ground with a hydraulic post driver but it wouldn't look very pretty.

This is the "little" guy that followed me home today. 1965 (I think) Ford 4000:

View attachment 381863View attachment 381864View attachment 381866
I usually drive 2 and 3/8 pipe 4 ft. in the ground even in rock. They say it will drive a railroad tie if you sharpen the end. No tamping or cementing.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Drove up to SE Kansas today to pick up the old Oliver hay rake. This thing is really cool and is in fantastic shape. The previous owner has replaced almost all wear parts...bearings, tines, u-joints, tires, etc... Got it home this afternoon and gave it a little test drive around the pasture. It works just like it was new. I wish I knew what year it was...the guy I bought it from was guessing early 60s but I don't have a clue.

Oliver A.jpg
Oliver B.jpg
Oliver C.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom