Trade G27?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tak1973

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hello, all... I've been running some ideas around recently and wanted to get some input...

For my daily carry, I have a G27 with a +1 extension for the pinky. I have been in the habit for the last couple of years of carrying with the chamber empty for the extra 'safety margin' it provides. I toss my gun from desk drawer to truck console to belt holster, and have always been a little leary of an accidental discharge. Please, no lectures on keeping your finger off the trigger...

After doing a lot of reading here, I'm thinking that carrying with the chamber empty completely defeats the purpose and is just foolish. Based on this, maybe the Glock is not my best choice. I've been debating selling the G27 and getting a Taurus Millenium PT111 9mm, or something similar, with the dedicated safety. I have a Taurus 24/7 at home for the bedside table, and have found it to be very reliable.

Any thoughts on a good carry gun that would have a purchase price I could cover with the sale of the G27? As you guys may have seen from other posts, I'm new to the area, and am not familiar with any of the gun stores locally.

Thanks...

Bangbangbang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been contemplating the same thing. I have an XD now, but I think I'd be more comfortable with a manual safety since I don't have a whole lot of defensive shooting training. All of my research has lead me to the Taurus Millennium pistols as H&K guns are out of my price range.

Joe

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Taurus Millenium Pro 9mm and I've put probably 500 rounds through it and haven't had any problems. It's a good reliable gun in my opinion.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No reason to get rid orf your Glock, its as good as it gets. Just start carrying with a round in the chamber and rethink things a little. The "extra margin of safety" is your holster. When your gun is in your truck or desk, keep it in a clip-on or pocket holster, the trigger is covered and you are good to go.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've handled guns for 40 years and I'm not overly comfortable with a Glock. There are a lot of pros who are, and that's fine, but I can envision scenarios where there could be a problem. Thousands of holstering/reholstering and clothing or something gets snagged in the trigger guard, dropping the gun or carrying it through thick brush and a limb or twig hits the trigger, or just being extremely tired/stressed and letting your booger hook get in the way on reholstering, etc. Not a big Taurus fan, but I might go for the S&W MP with the thumb safety if I wanted a gun similar to a Glock.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You could get a S&W M&P compact with the thumb safety option. Many similarities to the Glock, but with an additional manual safety.

tak1973

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Progun, thanks for the idea. I just ordered one of these and I'll see how it works out. I like the idea of being able to leave the gun loaded and quickly put a small combo lock through the block.

Latest posts

Top Bottom