Trailer Tires.....again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some tire shops won't install passenger tires on a trailer. Probably cause passenger tires sell for much higher.
Who knows. They claim it's liability. One can sign a waiver if needed for such issues.
I run car tires on our trailer. Replaced them a year ago. They still looked okay but were aging out. Didn’t want trouble hauling a car back rom Kansas.
Went to Sam’s a few years back. They came in and told me they couldn’t install the tires I wanted because it wasn’t the OE size for my truck. I had run that size for 4 years prior. Went to Freddie’s and got the size I wanted. They were a little bigger than what came on the truck originally.

Waltercat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I run car tires on our trailer. Replaced them a year ago. They still looked okay but were aging out. Didn’t want trouble hauling a car back rom Kansas.
Went to Sam’s a few years back. They came in and told me they couldn’t install the tires I wanted because it wasn’t the OE size for my truck. I had run that size for 4 years prior. Went to Freddie’s and got the size I wanted. They were a little bigger than what came on the truck originally.
Same here. Sam's was wishy washy. My truck came with 245's but the last 4 sets of tires were put on by Sam's and were 265's. Was about to walk out and they finally did it like I wanted.

Latest posts

Top Bottom