Trigger Job on S&W M&P, is it worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RetiredTater

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Come to find out that unfortunately the Apex kits are not compatible with the Bodyguard .380.

Galloway Precision makes one that just so happens to be adjustable for length of reset and overtravel, anyone have experience with them?

For the 9 will be going with the Apex.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Bodyguard has the worst trigger I have ever had. Period. I wish the Bodyguard had the trigger of a Kahr or a Taurus TCP, would be so much better of a gun.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think I'm about done with the M&P because of the trigger. Let me say I have always spoken well of the M&P. I have 3 of them. Full size M&P9, M&P40, M&P 40 Pro I use for 3-Gun, and had a compact M&P40. On my Pro, I installed the APEX competition trigger, but I still glued a small piece of plastic to the inside of the trigger guard behind the trigger to cut down on the over travel. I took out my M&P 9 to the range the other day to practice with it for an upcoming match. After shooting my 2011 for about a year, I have finally seen what people don't like about the trigger. There is so much distance between the over-travel and trigger reset. I still shot better than I had expected with it, but just disappointed with the trigger. I had the Accurate Iron trigger job on my compact M&P, it was nice, but that was a few years ago and I was still pretty green to this stuff. I have heard of a trigger kit that makes the trigger feel like a 1911, but I can't remember the name, it also came with a price.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you havent tried one yet, I recommend you try the XDS. Very smooth predictable triggers in my opinion similar to the XDM but heavier for obvious reasons. Great CC weapon and they just feel like better quality guns to me. I had a couple Shields and could not stand the trigger and didnt want to go through the hassle and pay the money to install an Apex trigger kit (done it before) that wont add much/any value if/when i decide to sell or trade it.