Trying a new Scotch this morning...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Horse piss??? More like a shot glass of gin mixed with a shot glass of iodine with a 1/2 teaspoon of salt and a dash of hot sauce, and a dash of aftershave. Mmmm, mmmm...good?

I rather drink Mezcal in the middle of nowhere Baja, Mexico or drink a few shots of tequila from a dirty a-- glass in Boys Town Mexico, then drink a glass of Highland Park, Springbank, etc.....

Cohiba

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Macallan 12 for me. Not too peaty and not from Islay. anything from Islay is too strong for me. IMO

Pair it with a Rocky Patel 50th and you're in heaven my friends.

Macallan 12 is THE standard as far as I am concerned.

Scotch tastes like horse piss. I will take a bottle of 20-year-old Pappy Van Winkle bourbon instead.

Just what the hell is wrong with horse piss?

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Scotch tastes like horse piss. I will take a bottle of 20-year-old Pappy Van Winkle bourbon instead.

Let me guess... Johnnie Walker?

The only blended Scotch that I've found that I like is Peat Monster, but that might be because I'm a big fan of the Islay region (though my favorite is Speyside).

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those Islays are SMOKY. I like a little of it once in a while, but I am not a smoky Scotch kind of guy. I have a bit of Bowmore left and almost a whole bottle of Laphroig I can get into when I am out of everything else. lol

The Cardu is pretty good. Glenlivet is my old standard. JW I am not a big fan of, although the Blue IS pretty decent. I prefer the Chivas Royal Salute to the Blue, myself. JW is best mixed, if you ask me. Lately I've dropped my old habit of drinking it all on the rocks and use just a splash of water.... seems very smooth, and it doesn't get overly watered down, PLUS, I can fit more of the important stuff in my glass and not have to get up to refill it so often! :D

Someday I want to go on a tour of some of the distilleries... I hit the Auchentoshen distillery outside Glasgow once. They make Auchentoshen, Bowmore and Glen Garaig. It was amazing. I can't wait to go back!

Unfortunately, after all my AR parts purchasing, I think my budget is going to limit me to just plenty of Glenlivet this month, instead of trying more new things. :(

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Can someone here enlighten me as to what happened to Jamie 08 Scotch? It was my favorite for years and then 15 years or so it just disappeared. Did we drink it all up?

I do have a bottle of White Horse Scotch that was bottled in the late 50's that has been unopened. Wondering what it may taste like. Thanks for the info.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

This begs the question "How do you know," and the second question "Can I have your horsey?"

I am not a regular Scotch drinker, but quality seems to vary more in Scotches than about any other booze that I know of. Some Scott was once quoted as saying something like "It's nae the taste mon, but the effect!"

Latest posts

Top Bottom