It starts today...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Veritas

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another tip, avoid caffeine after about 10 AM, the half-life of caffeine is 6 to 7 hours. Meaning if you have a cup of coffee at 4 PM, 50% of the caffeine is still attached to receptors in your brain preventing sleep at 10 PM.

The reason I mention this is sleep, should be a high priority for you. Studies have shown two groups of people put on the exact same calorie restricted diet, but one group getting a full eight hours of sleep, and the other having their sleep restricted to even just 6.5 hours resulted in dramatically different results. The group that got less sleep, lost most of the weight in lean muscle while the well rested group lost most of the weight in fat.

Not to mention all of the other benefits sleep provides, almost no one can perform anywhere near their best on less than 7.5 hours a night. There is a very small percentage of people who can, but if you think it’s you, you’re probably wrong. You’re far more likely to be struck by lightning statistically speaking, then be in that group. Like drunk people that can’t tell how drunk they are, sleep deprived people don’t realize how poor their performance is compared to if they were well rested.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Another tip, avoid caffeine after about 10 AM, the half-life of caffeine is 6 to 7 hours. Meaning if you have a cup of coffee at 4 PM, 50% of the caffeine is still attached to receptors in your brain preventing sleep at 10 PM.

The reason I mention this is sleep, should be a high priority for you. Studies have shown two groups of people put on the exact same calorie restricted diet, but one group getting a full eight hours of sleep, and the other having their sleep restricted to even just 6.5 hours resulted in dramatically different results. The group that got less sleep, lost most of the weight in lean muscle while the well rested group lost most of the weight in fat.

Not to mention all of the other benefits sleep provides, almost no one can perform anywhere near their best on less than 7.5 hours a night. There is a very small percentage of people who can, but if you think it’s you, you’re probably wrong. You’re far more likely to be struck by lightning statistically speaking, then be in that group. Like drunk people that can’t tell how drunk they are, sleep deprived people don’t realize how poor their performance is compared to if they were well rested.

Well, therein lies the rub. My sleep schedule is all over the place. A typical week for me is...days off, Saturday, Sunday and Monday. Then I'm up all day Tuesday where I try to catch a nap bfore going to work at 10pm until 8am. I do this on Wednesday and Thursday as well. Then, on Friday morning at 8am, I rush home, catch about 4 hours of sleep and go back to work at 3pm and work until 1am Saturday. So yeah...

Latest posts

Top Bottom