Tulsa Firearms burglary suspects arrested

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very interesting. Thanks for posting! I had heard that 3 guns were recovered by a TPD officer that rolled up one some guys in a vehicle. Apparently, they tossed the guns under the vehicle they were in.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I changed the locks on the restaurant the morning they caught the guy up in the attic, The gun he had with him was still there? Kinda crazy??

OSU

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a dumb question:

Is it illegal to own a firearm in which the serial number has been removed, scratched ect? I do not own one like that but am curious about the law?

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a dumb question:

Is it illegal to own a firearm in which the serial number has been removed, scratched ect? I do not own one like that but am curious about the law?

Yes, that would be a felony of the federal type as addressed in the Gun Control Act of 1968.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Off the topic, but let's say you purchase a firearm from a private individual at a gun show. No paperwork, cash only. After the gun show, you realize the SN has been obliterated from the firearm. What's the best course of action - turn it into the local police dept and write it off as a loss?

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Off the topic, but let's say you purchase a firearm from a private individual at a gun show. No paperwork, cash only. After the gun show, you realize the SN has been obliterated from the firearm. What's the best course of action - turn it into the local police dept and write it off as a loss?

I think the *best* course is to not possess it.

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nassredine commends the Tulsa Police Department for quickly arrested the man who broke into his business. "If I was a criminal, I would want to go up against these officers. They are the very best at what they do."

Uh....not me.

:scratch:

264killer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
off topic if i accidently came into possion of a gun with serial # problems, it could happen, i have never looked for s n when i buy one but i am going to start. i would strip the receiver & destory or throw it in the lake,

Latest posts

Top Bottom