Tulsa - Sooner Gun Show this weekend - anyone going?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The answer to all of this is to support superdave's gunshow effort and your local dealers.

Vote with your feet and dollar$

When and where is his next one? I'm going to the knife-show this weekend in OKC, but I'd really like to go to a gunshow and 1.) not be pissed off by the outrageous price and 2.) not feel ripped off because I paid to be agitated for 2 hours with very little in the way of content.

I will say this - the customers at this last show were more polite than any gunshow I've been to before. Very few motorized carts, very few gawkers or pushers. Very little Body Odor or meth-addicts. I did see a young kid with his father. The kid was holding what looked like a 1911 and using great trigger-discipline. He was also using the gun to point at all sorts of things around the gun-show. His dad never corrected him.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The answer to all of this is to support superdave's gunshow effort and your local dealers.

Vote with your feet and dollar$
^^^This. I do, and I do. And I'm the guy vendors WANT to see coming... :D I've got the desire and the means. I'm not a tire-kicker anymore, I'm in the process of starting what will eventually be a massive firearms collection. :D I've gotten into the hobby and have developed an addiction.

Pay attention, vendors... some people are fed up with the promoters' antics. And you're losing some very valuable customers. Some savvy ones, yes... but repeat, loyal customers.

May 12 and 13 In Norman.
I'll definitely be there.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The following is copied from the Tulsa Expo Square Event Manager Guide, currently posted on their website. http://www.exposquare.com/filesSite/Event Manager Guide 2012 for Website.pdf

FACILITY SURCHARGE (from pg 9 of 9)
All ticketed events will be charged a facility surcharge of $1.00 per paid adult ticket sold, minimum $250.00. All non-ticketed events will be charged a $250.00 facility surcharge. Livestock events will be charged a facility surcharge of $1.00 per animal entered. The facility surcharge will be used to finance the Expo Square Capital Improvements Program. Please contact the Events Office concerning implementation of fees.

VEHICLE PARKING (from pg 5 of 9)
Parking is free at Expo Square.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The following is copied from the Tulsa Expo Square Event Manager Guide, currently posted on their website. http://www.exposquare.com/filesSite/Event Manager Guide 2012 for Website.pdf

FACILITY SURCHARGE (from pg 9 of 9)
All ticketed events will be charged a facility surcharge of $1.00 per paid adult ticket sold, minimum $250.00. All non-ticketed events will be charged a $250.00 facility surcharge. Livestock events will be charged a facility surcharge of $1.00 per animal entered. The facility surcharge will be used to finance the Expo Square Capital Improvements Program. Please contact the Events Office concerning implementation of fees.

VEHICLE PARKING (from pg 5 of 9)
Parking is free at Expo Square.

A far cry from the $3 increase the promoter tried to pass off on the Expo Center... One more reason not to attend another Sooner show.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I called Dennis Deiner to see what he had to say about the surcharge after it was confirmed that it was only a buck and he went up $3.00? He didn't answer his phone and didn't call me back either. I was not surprised. Looks liked he took a dump in his own lunch box if you ask me!
I did leave a message and told him to check out the posts here on OSA, Let's see if he calls me back??

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WOW!, He did call me back today, In a nutshell, He is rethinking what he is going to charge for tables and entry fees in his shows!
I wish his shows would get back to the way they were 6 yrs ago when I first moved here.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WOW!, He did call me back today, In a nutshell, He is rethinking what he is going to charge for tables and entry fees in his shows!
I wish his shows would get back to the way they were 6 yrs ago when I first moved here.

Did he elaborate on why both the Expo's website and the Grand American Arms' websites showed $12 and yet they charged $15 to get in (and some folks like myself and my friend both contested the price and were told that there was nothing they could do about it and yet others were able to get the $12 price honored - and still others got a discounted late-Sunday price)?

I'm guessing that there might not be another Grand American Arms show and they were just trying to squeeze everything they could out of the last hoorah.

Latest posts

Top Bottom