TV Repair Samsung DLP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In-Home Television Repair is who I called. I was out of my warranty by 6 months, so I didn't bother calling Samsung. As soon as I told them I had a Samsung, they suggested I call them because they're known for extending warranties. I did, and they did.

Either way, they were still the ones to come repair my tv. The guy had my tv up and running in a matter of 30-45 minutes. Courteous and professional.

http://maps.google.com/maps/place?h...epair&hnear=Oklahoma&cid=14700533260595032545

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Samsung had the same "act like it was warming up but never get there" syndrome. Tv repairman came and replaced the capacitors and it has never missed a beat since. He said that Samsung made them with undersized capacitors. If you Google the problem, they have had a huge headache with them. Good luck.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting bit about the capacitors, I'd stumbled across a few articles about that so I looked for ones that were swollen/blown but nothing stood out. Might be worth a trip to the repair shop just just to check that sort of thing out, all depends on the moolah. Thanks for the feedback, I think I'm going to make a list of places to call tomorrow and see who has the cheapest rate for a diagnostic test.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A guy named Mark Long did the warranty repair for Samsung, at least back in 2007. His company is called In Home Television Repair, out of Norman. I worked with him at Sears prior to him striking out on his own. He knows his stuff.

I am unsure of his rates, or if he even does private work (i.e. other than warranty calls) but it may not hurt to look him up and give him a call.

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh yeah, they do good work and will shoot ya straight, but they'll admit they're in the business to make money. Since they're a repair shop, they get their parts from the same places you do, so it's natural to see that kind of markup. But if you decide to take it into somebody, that's a good shop.

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry for the hijack, but I've got a Samsung DLP too and it's doing this:

[Broken External Image]

This isn't my actual TV. I stole the pic from the web, but mine is doing the same exact thing. You guys have any experience with this? I'm of the same thinking that an expensive repair wouldn't be worth it at today's prices. But if it's a couple hundred or less, it might be worth a go.

Teeeroy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Black friday: Walmart has a samsung LED 46" 1080p on sale for 898. do yourself a favor, get it and toss the DLP

Better yet, do ME a favor and give me $898! hehe

Sorry...couldn't resist. Christmas time, although a great time to find bargains, is not the time to buy stuff for us. We've got a couple of boys to buy for first. But I wholeheartedly agree it's time for something different.

dwkennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My solution to my screwed up Samsung DLP was to give it away for parts and buy a Visio LCD. i'll admit it was hard to go from 60" to 47", but at least it works (and is 1080p). I got a returned Tv at sam's club, so the new set cost about the same as the repair was going to.

A year after I gave the set away, Samsung settled the class action lawsuit and agreed to fix my problem for free... which did me no good since the set was long gone.

Samsung knew there was a design problem, I also discovered later they would fix them out of warranty if you complained enough. I've decided going forward to spend as little as possible and treat them as disposable items, if I ever buy another megaTV I will pop another $100 for the extended warranty.

Tampabucs

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a samsung 60 dlp that's been great. I've had it a little over 3 years. I'm still waiting for the day the bulb pops. Tv's have really come down the last few years. When it goes out unless the bulb is nothing, I'm buying a new tv.

I've heard Wal-Mart and Sam's are going to have 55 LCD's for $800 with name brands like Sony, Vizio and Samsung for Christmas time. By the time you pay a guy to repair your tv for a few hundred more you could have a new tv. Just my .02 cents.

Latest posts

Top Bottom