TV Repair Samsung DLP

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those of you guys telling me to go get a new TV - I need to clarify, this isn't my everyday TV. I have a Samsung DLP that works just fine.

I found a place in Moore that will diagnose for $35 so I took it there and got the kiss of death... light engine is dead to rights. Replacing the light engine cost more than a new TV, so I scavenged the good stuff and broke the rest down small enough to fit in the trash can.

So if any of you guys want spare parts for your own DLP, shoot me a PM - I've got 2 lamps, 1(maybe 2) ballasts and a color wheel. I'll try to post them up in the classifieds later with pics and compatible model numbers to see if there is any local interest. If not, I'll try CL and eBay.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For those of you guys telling me to go get a new TV - I need to clarify, this isn't my everyday TV. I have a Samsung DLP that works just fine.

I found a place in Moore that will diagnose for $35 so I took it there and got the kiss of death... light engine is dead to rights. Replacing the light engine cost more than a new TV, so I scavenged the good stuff and broke the rest down small enough to fit in the trash can.

So if any of you guys want spare parts for your own DLP, shoot me a PM - I've got 2 lamps, 1(maybe 2) ballasts and a color wheel. I'll try to post them up in the classifieds later with pics and compatible model numbers to see if there is any local interest. If not, I'll try CL and eBay.

Well since you have parts, can you diag mine haha. I have all 3 lights flashing, and will not start up. last time it did that (3mos ago) a bulb replacement fixed it. I am out of free bulbs and a new bulb did not fix it this time???

Latest posts

Top Bottom