United States Military Academy Appointment Decision

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RyanSixer

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! My parents are very happy for me, but they're worried about me as well. They, my grandparents, my Army-hardened uncle, and the rest of my family all took the news with wet eyes.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congratulations!
Now, think ahead. Take your time but get in the best possible shape prior to your departure. The focus is on durability- (Think APFT, 12 mile walk with 40-60kg, then a run of unknown distance or obstical course, followed by a busy day of basic skills and more fun). When you're tired/fatigued, stressed and can't seem to see the light at the end of whatever daily tunnel you find yourself, being in better shape than those to your left and right will make it a whole bunch easier on you. Never, ever, show up at a service school chubby and out of shape. Those that do, attract all sorts of bad attention upon themselves.

PS- Fight for Infantry branch. The best leadership opportunities await.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Great news, the natural result of intense preparation paying off! Your parents' pride must be beyond measure with this. Your intense preparation will be repeated multiple times in the coming years so your mind and body are ready. Have a great senior year!

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Congratulations! That is a very significant step toward a great future. Chances are the work is only getting started! I hope you make General, if that is what you want!

Latest posts

Top Bottom