Unreal new video game trailor...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no disputing from a psychological stand point that violence in video games and movies greatly desensitizes the human brain to violence in real life. The majority of kids and adults that have played GTA or a similar game, and even one in this thread admit to murdering "innocent people" in a video game because it is fun to them. What stops them in real life? The penalty of such an act? If they lost everything in their life would they do this? Probably not, but the question of why it is fun to the brain is perplexing.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it is because the games appeal to the senses that because its not the norm for society, they want to see what it feels like to go against the grain. It falls under that old adage, just because u can doesn't mean u should. Doing things forbidden by society on a video game has a no crime no punishment quality, but some of the kids playing these games have no sense of respect for others in the first place. The makers arent to blame for the content. It falls under parental guidance for the kids to be exposed to the content or not. Many parents dont care what their kids watch or play these days as long as they arent being bugged by the kids. Not having at least one parent in the home like many kids had in the 70's makes it easier for them to play this stuff without adult supervision as well. Not saying u can police your child 24/7, but having some interest and knowledge of what they r doing in their spare time would help.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's actually pretty simple.....dopamine("helps control the brain's reward and pleasure centers"). There are lots of things in everyday life that raise the levels in one's brain(tv, music, fast food, video games, drugs, etc.), but not all are demonized as much as others.

Tulsa Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's actually pretty simple.....dopamine("helps control the brain's reward and pleasure centers"). There are lots of things in everyday life that raise the levels in one's brain(tv, music, fast food, video games, drugs, etc.), but not all are demonized as much as others.

People don't target people in GTA for the chance they might get an in-game reward. So the answer really isn't that simple. Why is it pleasurable or rewarding to take a simulated life in a video game? And games are getting very realistic, I watched a few new game trailers the other day and I almost couldn't tell the difference between them and real video.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People don't target people in GTA for the chance they might get an in-game reward. So the answer really isn't that simple. Why is it pleasurable or rewarding to take a simulated life in a video game? And games are getting very realistic, I watched a few new game trailers the other day and I almost couldn't tell the difference between them and real video.

I said nothing about in-game rewards, I was speaking about the brains pleasure/reward system. We don't understand why exactly arbitrary actions increase dopamine levels as it's true intention is for survival(i'm hungry, I eat, I'm full = dopamine level raised and I live). Tetris has no in-game rewards but people's dopamine levels are raised when playing it....

Tulsa Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I said nothing about in-game rewards, I was speaking about the brains pleasure/reward system. We don't understand why exactly arbitrary actions increase dopamine levels as it's true intention is for survival(i'm hungry, I eat, I'm full = dopamine level raised and I live). Tetris has no in-game rewards but people's dopamine levels are raised when playing it....

LOL at the Tetris reference. My sister loved that game! I could never get that into it. The reward in Tetris is the ability to continue the game, and a point system.

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a perfect example of why my boys, 12 and 7, do not own a video game system. I'm proud to say that I have not purchased a home video game system since the Super Nintendo in 1992.
Why do we bother allowing kids to have these systems anyway? It seems with this generation, video games are an entitlement. As a parent, I simply choose to keep them ALL out of the house. We have enough going on with Boy Scouts, hunting, fishing, sports, and basic maintenance of everyday life that these stupid games are completely unnecessary.

Video games are NOT an entitlement. Parents should stop acting as if they are and put their foot down.

piston10

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't care what they make. We don't have a game console in my house, and We probably won't ever. I personally would never allow my children to play these games. I believe this is part of our worlds problems, kids are desensitized to violence.

FredNOk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This is a perfect example of why my boys, 12 and 7, do not own a video game system. I'm proud to say that I have not purchased a home video game system since the Super Nintendo in 1992.
Why do we bother allowing kids to have these systems anyway? It seems with this generation, video games are an entitlement. As a parent, I simply choose to keep them ALL out of the house. We have enough going on with Boy Scouts, hunting, fishing, sports, and basic maintenance of everyday life that these stupid games are completely unnecessary.

Video games are NOT an entitlement. Parents should stop acting as if they are and put their foot down.

Good post MG. sounds like your kids have plenty going on that rewards them with social and physical interaction in real time. All kids should be having that experience instead of plopping down in front of the tube playing them there veedeo games contrapshuns. LOL

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is no disputing from a psychological stand point that violence in video games and movies greatly desensitizes the human brain to violence in real life. The majority of kids and adults that have played GTA or a similar game, and even one in this thread admit to murdering "innocent people" in a video game because it is fun to them. What stops them in real life? The penalty of such an act? If they lost everything in their life would they do this? Probably not, but the question of why it is fun to the brain is perplexing.

Actually there is disputing facts that "from a psychological stand point" , not all people that Play these games commit these , or Any crimes.

In all reality, if you carry a gun and plan on defending yourself and your Family, You damm well better be able to obtain this mind set, in a Hurry. Its probably not going to be calm and pretty When that happens.
Then theres the "aftermath", you have taken a life , or two, possibly been shot , or a member of your Family hurt or..?

I'm not saying its right or wrong, But there are people out there that have nothing better to do ALL day , than to figure out how to fawk yours Up.

Desensitized?...wouldnt that be a better way to send our young men into combat , knowing what will happen, rather than getting a wake up call in theyre first fire fight?
Actually some of the NLOS weapons are better operated by "kids" that have experience with this kind of equipment.
Drones, micro surgeries benefit greatly from this kind of experience.

That being said moderation, in most all things, is a good idea.

Now those that have/can make time to spend with theyre kids , to teach them, go camping, Hunting, fishing, sports , academics.....Thats Great......But its like winning the lottery...not everyone gets/has that chance.

Perplexing?...Vicarious might be a better terminology, kids, young men, even real men...get to be "The Sniper", "Zambie Killer", "Seal Team Six". "The Terminator", "Last Surviving Member".

I did find the graphics, the realism, even the storyline to be a little...disturbing. I probably wouldnt play it , or let my younger kids play it .
But if you watch the news much...there are people out there doing these kind of things...what cha gonna do when one of them wackos, come rollin up on Your Family Day?....No time for sensitivity then?

Latest posts

Top Bottom