Upright Washing Machine...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A bit of a random rant...
We bought an upright washer several years ago and while it does what it is supposed to, while washing towels or blankets, the thing sounds like it has rocks in it when it starts spinning. Every damn time they get twisted together and balled up to where it can't spin for more than a minute or two and then has to stop due to the machine moving across the floor. I stop it and try to unwind everything and sometimes even wring things out so everything isn't so heavy. All this extends the cycle as well. One minute the display shows 5 minutes left on the cycle then after spinning, clunking/spinning and clunking, the display goes to 7 minutes.
Yep, unwinding towels this morning.

Rant over.

I decide a long time ago I wasn't going to go with a new dryer. Not sure I could work on a new one, I can repair the one we have, no circuit cards to worry about.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Make sure it’s sitting level, it’s a must. Then be cognizant of how it’s loaded, ensure it’s loaded evenly on items that will weigh more when wet. If you are close to Del City have Terrys Appliance check it out. I have known them since they were teens and they are honest to a fault!

XYZ

Ribertarian
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ours was one of those magic super dooper ones that were supposed to be the cat’s meow. Doesn’t have the center aggregator. About every third load you have to go pull most of it out and reposition it. Otherwise it dances all around the house.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's level. When we wash blankets we keep go with two as a minimum to help alleviate an unbalance. Towels are towels, the machine doesn't get overloaded but we have thick towels. I think it's just the nature of this beast, as mentioned, no center aggregator. If I do need an appliance guy, Terry's is on the list.

I was at a point where I was regularly changing the bearing on the transmission on our old one. The first time took around 45 minutes to replace it and I got it down to about 20 minutes by the time we picked up a new washer.
Otherwise, we'd have kept it.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Give it to someone who is in need of a washer and can't afford one. Then go out and buy one of those Speed Queen everyone raves about in a previous thread. I think that's what we're going to do in a few months.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will never own another top load washer again in my life, especially the high efficiency one without the tall verticle agitator. THey don't get your clothes clean, barely get the top of the load of clothes wet and jsut plain suck. My Electrolux front loaders work awesome.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Front load Electrolux all the way

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Chaparral

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speed Queen makes some awesome products.

We have a Bosche. Front load. Bought as a scratch and dent around 2010. I had to replace one wear part. They sent us money to help towards replacement of the seal as part of a class action. We are still on the original seal.

Have a large capacity samsung in the garage for horse blankets and work wear. Wish, really wish, I had spent more on a Speed Queen!!!

Had a maytag made in USA. It worked well for the six months it had a warranty. Week after warranty expired the electronics burned up. Buying a samsung was cheaper than repair.

Latest posts

Top Bottom