Using the death of children to push agenda

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
"Owning guns is passé, uncivilized, and socially irresponsible." (I actually had someone say this to me).

I'd rather stand with a bunch of passé, uncivilized, socially irresponsible misfits, than cowardly moral hypocrites who dishonor everything America is supposed to represent with their puerile, craven attempts to destroy our rights.

So carry on you savage band of socially irresponsible misfits!

Will do J.B....and thanks for the word of encouragement!

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cannot say the words on here or describe what I would want to do if my child were one of those that were killed and this paper published their picture as part of a propaganda piece! I'm so mad right now at this stupid paper! Ugh!

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cannot say the words on here or describe what I would want to do if my child were one of those that were killed and this paper published their picture as part of a propaganda piece! I'm so mad right now at this stupid paper! Ugh!

Exactly. But whats sad is I'm sure at least some of those parents are so blinded by their loss that they really believe more gun control could have saved their child & are willing to not only allow their pics to be used in this manner but will be on stages giving anti-gun talks as well.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly. But whats sad is I'm sure at least some of those parents are so blinded by their loss that they really believe more gun control could have saved their child & are willing to not only allow their pics to be used in this manner but will be on stages giving anti-gun talks as well.

So true. Me and my wife have talked about this and how these people are. We have loosely discussed hypotheticals such as if someone murders the whole family with a gun except for one of us, that it would still not make the survivor want to go against guns, etc. and we would not in a million years blame guns, even as pissed as we may be. it's just a freaking tool! It serves just as much potential to protect than it does to harm.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
How about using copy and past to unknowingly push a certain media's agenda. I'm pretty certain that most of the OSA members wouldn't have been exposed to this article if it had not been for this thread. How much do we help other side with their own agenda by spreading it to places it's probably never heard of, people that it would have never reached? Nothing wrong with your thread Spata, and nothing personal, just pointing out an observation.

BIG_MIKE2005

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about using copy and past to unknowingly push a certain media's agenda. I'm pretty certain that most of the OSA members wouldn't have been exposed to this article if it had not been for this thread. How much do we help other side with their own agenda by spreading it to places it's probably never heard of, people that it would have never reached? Nothing wrong with your thread Spata, and nothing personal, just pointing out an observation.

I don't really see it as spreading an agenda as much as it is spreading information about those who are seeking to mislead us as a society & the tactics they are using. Now the linked article/photo itself however would be helping to spread an agenda. they are siding with the government in trying to make honest gun owners feel like scum for not banning firearms & using children to drum up those feelings. Our media should not be pushing propaganda, they should be writing in a un-bias view to inform people.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I don't really see it as spreading an agenda as much as it is spreading information about those who are seeking to mislead us as a society & the tactics they are using. Now the linked article/photo itself however would be helping to spread an agenda. they are siding with the government in trying to make honest gun owners feel like scum for not banning firearms & using children to drum up those feelings. Our media should not be pushing propaganda, they should be writing in a un-bias view to inform people.

Agreed, well said.

jsl_pt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Agreed, well said.

Agree as well. The paper is out there. I would rather as many people be aware of the levels these people go to than to be ignorant of it simply because we didn't want to spread it around. No censorship on either side, but when someone does something as distasteful as this they deserve to have everyone know about it.

Separate question: when images such as these are used in this context, does the family have to give permission?

Latest posts

Top Bottom