Value of used iPhones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wondering if there's a practical limit to hanging on to our 3G iPhones before getting new 4G phones. I see 3G phones being sold outright, but don't know how long the market will exist for them.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wondering if there's a practical limit to hanging on to our 3G iPhones before getting new 4G phones. I see 3G phones being sold outright, but don't know how long the market will exist for them.

I would get rid of it before Verizon goes live with it. The reason they are worth so much is that people take them to other providers. Go ahead and sell it because they are not going to increase in value.

leftfield

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The market will exist for them quite a while. I have a friend still packing the first style iphone lol. But resale value on 3G and older is dropping like a rock and Apple stopped supporting some features on older phones with their last iOS update. I would say use it until it dies unless you just want the latest and greatest, them you should trade/sell ASAP.

Here is a rough idea of what it's like now http://cdrokc.com/cellphones1.html#APPLE

I'm sure others might be better than that store but as an example, last time I looked at that list (Feb '10) my 3GS 32 GB was valued at $349 now it's $251.00

Latest posts

Top Bottom