veterans headed to Standing Rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Editorial: Pipeline protesters win Pyrrhic victory

http://www.grandforksherald.com/opi...orial-pipeline-protesters-win-pyrrhic-victory

There's a reason why Republicans soon will control not only the presidency, but also the Senate, the House, 33 governorships and both chambers in 32 states.

The reason can be found in the Dakota Access Pipeline case. With its elevation of identity politics above all else, its twisting of facts to accuse others of racism, its fanatic claim of being above the law and its wild exaggerations of environmental risk, the protest helps explain why so few Americans are willing to give the Left power.

The protesters won an important battle on Sunday, when their efforts convinced the Obama administration to block the pipeline. But it's likely to be a Pyrrhic victory, not only because the Trump administration might reverse it, but also because it deepens the public's distrust of modern liberals' governance.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He'll deal with those who opposed it, or he'll work outa deal to get it finished?

Two very different outcomes.

Yeah, one brings oil from Canada. the other results in us having to ship it from Saudi Arabia.

These protesters and their liberal puppet masters are like communists. let's not forget they're the same folks that support "assault weapon" bans and gun registries. you give them an inch today, they'll take a foot tomorrow and then you have lost the whole nine yards.

If there are actual legitimate concerns, they can be balanced. but this is about an agenda and has nothing to do with the local native Americans.

pipeline_line_map-630x420.gif

What about all the other pipelines? should we have to make deals everytime we want to build infrastructure, roads, hospitals, bridges or in this case, pipelines ?

This is just BS liberal PR story.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Right, but I'm talking about the sentiment that they, those who oppose the pipeline, should be "dealt with" by Trump.

What do you mean by that?

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Yeah, one brings oil from Canada. the other results in us having to ship it from Saudi Arabia.

No. The oil is coming from the Bakken/Three Forks formations in ND which is not a province of Canada.

These protesters and their liberal puppet masters are like communists. let's not forget they're the same folks that support "assault weapon" bans and gun registries. you give them an inch today, they'll take a foot tomorrow and then you have lost the whole nine yards.

Not sure if you sound like Eisenhower talking about "dominoes" or John Blutarski talking about Pearl Harbor.

I agree that it is pure "BS" but would not say a "PR story" ... more of a platform for liberals to illustrate their failures in reading comprehension (and education in general), troll their failed ideological bend and to whine about their "feelings".

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

If there are actual legitimate concerns, they can be balanced. but this is about an agenda and has nothing to do with the local native Americans.

pipeline_line_map-630x420.gif

What about all the other pipelines? should we have to make deals everytime we want to build infrastructure, roads, hospitals, bridges or in this case, pipelines ?

And with that, I remembered a thread on OSA about a certain turnpike about to be run through Luther...
http://www.okshooters.com/threads/more-turnpikes.220524/

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No. The oil is coming from the Bakken/Three Forks formations in ND which is not a province of Canada.

Not sure if you sound like Eisenhower talking about "dominoes" or John Blutarski talking about Pearl Harbor.

I agree that it is pure "BS" but would not say a "PR story" ... more of a platform for liberals to illustrate their failures in reading comprehension (and education in general), troll their failed ideological bend and to whine about their "feelings".

I had the Keystone XL pipeline in the back of my mind when i mentioned Canada, but the point remains the same. The amount of oil the United States needs and uses each quarter does not change regardless of whether or not we build a pipeline. what could change is where that oil is coming from -- from our great northern allies or our own oilfields, or from places like Saudi Arabia, Iran and Russia.

I'm not speaking of Communist Russia or China or Imperial Japan, i'm talking about an enemy more dangerous to our Republic and values than either of those ever could have hoped to have been. I'm talking about our domestic enemies.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had the Keystone XL pipeline in the back of my mind when i mentioned Canada, but the point remains the same. The amount of oil the United States needs and uses each quarter does not change regardless of whether or not we build a pipeline. what could change is where that oil is coming from -- from our great northern allies or our own oilfields, or from places like Saudi Arabia, Iran and Russia.

I'm not speaking of Communist Russia or China or Imperial Japan, i'm talking about an enemy more dangerous to our Republic and values than either of those ever could have hoped to have been. I'm talking about our domestic enemies.
Should I burn more flags in your honor?

Latest posts

Top Bottom