veterans headed to Standing Rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many moderators have posted in this thread vs users? 3 moderators and 7 users. Sounds like government work.

It seems to me, when I joined, that J.P., Michael Brown, 8cylFirebird, and some of the moderators then posted more proliferously than most other members. Stepper and BulbBoy excluded. Other than SMS, who was member number 42 (hats off btw for being an old timer!), in this thread, the mods are the most senior posters. So complaining about "mods now overrunning the board" is baloney.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can we stop the whining and crying and discuss the issue? Personally, I haven't made my mind up about the issue because I don't know a great deal about it (yet).

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have the same general apathy/amusement toward this situation as I do most any protest. So far it's better than occupy but not as funny as #bluelivesmatter. If it turns violent m, it has the potential to reach #godhatesfags level, but I doubt it.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can we stop the whining and crying and discuss the issue? Personally, I haven't made my mind up about the issue because I don't know a great deal about it (yet).
I've read from lots of folks on another hunting forum who actually live in the area, this is what's been reported to me.

They report that the oil companies had over 500 meetings with the tribes setting this deal up. At the last minute, the tribes rejected the 10+ million easement payment and demanded something in the 30-50 million dollar range. The oil companies had already laid the groundwork and this extortion was too expensive for the project. So the oil companies changed the route of the proposed pipeline to go around tribal lands, on federal and private lands. At that point, the tribes figured out they screwed up and the protests suddenly became about the environmental impacts. Those impacts didn't seem to matter much when the tribes were going to get their monies..

Believe who you will, but there's a reason the majority of the protestors are out of staters not even from the area.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I've read from lots of folks on another hunting forum who actually live in the area, this is what's been reported to me.

They report that the oil companies had over 500 meetings with the tribes setting this deal up. At the last minute, the tribes rejected the 10+ million easement payment and demanded something in the 30-50 million dollar range. The oil companies had already laid the groundwork and this extortion was too expensive for the project. So the oil companies changed the route of the proposed pipeline to go around tribal lands, on federal and private lands. At that point, the tribes figured out they screwed up and the protests suddenly became about the environmental impacts. Those impacts didn't seem to matter much when the tribes were going to get their monies..

Believe who you will, but there's a reason the majority of the protestors are out of staters not even from the area.

I've read similar from some guys who trap in the area on another forum as well.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which pipeline is it thats going to pollute our water?
cdn.oilprice.com_uploads_AC1008.png

OKC03Cobra

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dakota Pipeline Opponents Speak with Forked Tongue
http://www.americanthinker.com/arti...eline_opponents_speak_with_forked_tongue.html

Having lost both scientifically and politically with the Keystone XL pipeline, deemed safe by Hillary Clinton’s State Department and certain to be approved by a President Trump sworn to develop American energy, opponents of fossil fuels have enlisted the support of American Indians. Opponents are claiming that the Dakota Access Pipeline which, like Keystone XL, will bring oil from the rich Bakken oil field in North Dakota to American markets, will violate and pollute sacred tribal lands.

That they are on slippery ground with the facts has been explained by the Heritage Foundation:

This 1,172-mile Dakota Access pipeline will deliver as many as 570,000 barrels of oil a day from northwestern North Dakota through South Dakota and Iowa to connect to existing pipelines in Illinois. It will do this job far more safely than the current method of transporting it by 750 rail cars a day.
The protesters say they object to the pipeline’s being close to the water intake of the Standing Rock Sioux Reservation. However, this should be of no concern as it will sit approximately 92 feet below the riverbed, with increased pipe thickness and control valves at both ends of the crossing to reduce the risk of an incident, which is already low.

As a result of the fracking revolution and shale oil boom, oil train shipments have increased, particularly on a railroad shipping oil from North Dakota’s Bakken formation owned by billionaire and friend of Obama, Warren Buffett.

Latest posts

Top Bottom