W.H. Tells Texas you are not going to secede

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Who says it was settled?

Supreme Court decision in Texas vs. White - essentially says that the Articles of Confederation created a Union in perpetuity (explicitly stated) and that the Constitution - as an attempt to perfect or improve what was started under the Articles - did not revoke that nor make any provision in law for secession. Therefore the Founders - in the basic law they extablished did not intend to allow secession.

As a practical matter anyone who advocates secession as anything more than a blowing-off-steam discussion is asking to recreate the disaster of the Civil War again.

Last edited:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As horrible as it is to say, at the rate we are going there will be another civil was. I just hope not in my lifetime.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
As horrible as it is to say, at the rate we are going there will be another civil was. I just hope not in my lifetime.

I do agree in theory... but I believe that it will be more of a general degradation of society when the dollar collapses or becomes sufficiently devalued to allow out-of-control inflation. I believe most of it will all collapse at once, rather than a single state or handful of states actively seceding from a(n ostensibly) functional central union.

Sad... but that's what I expect. Also hope it doesn't happen in my lifetime, or that of my son. :(

n2sooners

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The supreme court also decided the right to keep and bear arms is an individual right but look where we are now. The constitution says "shall not be infringed" but that has no meaning now days. If it came to the point that enough states had reached the point to secede then I don't think they really give a damn what a dozen dead people or the imperial president had to say about it.

That isn't to say I think we are anywhere close to that yet, but if we ever get there an old supreme court decision isn't going to stop the revolution.

Latest posts

Top Bottom