Walmart customer, angry with self-checkout machine, loses tooth in fight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
X's 2!
Hate them with a passion. Almost always had to have the clerk come over and do this or that.....screw it...They make enough money they can bag my stuff.

I do not use the self-checkout EVER ... If I wanted to work at Wal-Mart ... or Home Depot ... or any other place that has those things I'd go in and fill out an application.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember a few years back when untold MILLIONS of peoples' PIN numbers were found to be stored in the network from using them at retailers... something never supposed to be done, but found to be happening from a "glitch" that was exploited by hackers. Yeah... right.

I've passed on the debit option ever since.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If we have a few items, I'm not going to stand in a long line of full carts to check out. I will use the self checkout lanes. My time is worth more.
I have noticed the few lanes open at WM when they are busy.Have also gone and complained to mgmt. years ago,but realized they could care less. I have been known to walk out a few times also.

mksmth

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haters better get used to it. It wont be long and there will be more self check out lanes than normal lanes. Only a matter of time. Personally I use them every chance I get. much faster and 99% of the time I dont wait to use one.

Spec ops Grunt

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess what? I'm a paying customer that has chosen to spend my time and money in your store and I don't give a ****.

- from a fellow former retail employee

Then you should know no one at a local walmart has the power to increase staffing, and you should try maybe calling corporate or something? Instead you wanna be loud because you can't control your frustration and give people who are already stretched thin more stress?

BUT ITS OK GUYS HE'S A CUSTOMER

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then you should know no one at a local walmart has the power to increase staffing, and you should try maybe calling corporate or something? Instead you wanna be loud because you can't control your frustration and give people who are already stretched thin more stress?

BUT ITS OK GUYS HE'S A CUSTOMER

Enough complaints to management and maybe they'll do something about it. I'm sorry, having ZERO checkout lines open is just indifferent. Maybe if their machines were worth a damn it wouldn't be such a problem. It ain't like WM ain't making a profit... maybe not as much as they'd like, but then, if they alienate and irritate customers, it ain't gonna get any better.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Twice I've had the machine fail to print a receipt. Being the detail fixated person that I am, I insist on getting a receipt so I'm not accused of stealing when I walk out. Problem is 90% of the employees don't know how to fix the machines. Fourty five minutes of watching goofballs pretending to fix the machine then walking off and not returning seriously affects my disposition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom