Wanenmacher Report.. What are you seeing out there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzgun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cheapest 22 ammo I saw was $50 for a 525 round bulk pack, saw several other places priced at $75-$80.. Didn't look closely, but saw at least 3 vendors with powder and primers. The Hodgdon powder I saw was priced just over $25/pound.

Glanced at one new Bushmaster AR priced at almost $900, most of the other ARs I saw were priced much higher.

It was so crowded it was difficult to move down most isles.

gearys 5600

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up my new Coye ridgeback, bought a couple of Ruger BX-25 mags for $29 each, and scored a Savage model 93 22 mag with thumbhole stock at a good price.

I am glad I went.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would like to see if it is a dearth or plethora of attractive members of the opposite sex.

It was a dearth for me in the short time I was there. I only saw one woman, manning the Tactical Girls booth, who'd turn my head in passing. Even then, she had on way too much makeup.

"Dearth" means lack. Seems you two have very different taste in women.

That, or we were there at different times :wink2:

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I hadn't been coming up to buy a car I would've passed but since I was here anyway I figured what the hell. All of the aforementioned stuff is correct but I thought trying to park was the worst thing by far.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dlbleak and I just got done walking most of it. To me it is like any other big W show in the past 5 years. I don't really go to hunt for deals but rather for entertainment and because I like guns. I like to look at all the historical stuff as well as drool over some of the beautiful S&W revolvers in their original boxes. That kinda thing.

Saw HMFIC and finally got to meet 3inSlugger and his wife. Sold a Blackhawk too cheap early on but I didn't feel like lugging it around the whole show. Plus I still made money on it.

Most .22 was priced at Gunbroker prices ($75/brick) which is just ridiculous. Spent about .4 seconds looking at anything AR related so I'm not much help on that info. Dlbleak got a smokin' deal on a Western style gun belt. We kinda went back to our roots and looked at a bunch of collectible .22 ammo

For gun-lovin' entertainment, the big W can't be beat. Had a fun day hanging out with my bro and looking at a lot of pretty guns. If anyone needs a great deal on some S&W model 15s, check with the guy right next to HMFIC's table.

Oh, and thanks to JB for the tickets as well as Hoov for donating his winning tickets to me.

Knight92

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
if I am going tomorrow what time should i go if I don't want to wait in line noonish? Only reason I am going is I was able to pick up some of the freebie Sunday tickets so the wife wants to go as well I have not been to the W in probably 15-20 years

Latest posts

Top Bottom