Warehouse Living

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i always wanted to convert an old wal-mart into a go kart track. an old friend lived in an old school converted into a house. they left the gym as it was with court and stage. it was the ultimate party house in high school

OOOh now there is an idea.

Howcome nobody has done that around here. We have a few of those old big box buildings laying around and absolutely ZERO bitchin' go kart tracks.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread is been up a long time and I have *not* made a "Whorehouse Living" parody thread. Mods, you should praise my restraint.

Lofts are cool, if you're not the one paying to heat/cool the whole joint. I know a guy who lives in an old brick schoolhouse, which is pretty neat. My best friend always wanted to buy the school he went to as a kid and convert it into living space. He's way more sentimental than me.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This thread is been up a long time and I have *not* made a "Whorehouse Living" parody thread. Mods, you should praise my restraint.

Lofts are cool, if you're not the one paying to heat/cool the whole joint. I know a guy who lives in an old brick schoolhouse, which is pretty neat. My best friend always wanted to buy the school he went to as a kid and convert it into living space. He's way more sentimental than me.

3.bp.blogspot.com__i3_JSGEav2o_T20fOVHm4rI_AAAAAAAACHg__dDRbQqS_5c_s1600_homesweethome.jpg

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, I love my lawn, and love my 3 acre yard with a berm to shoot into. Three outbuildings to park my toys, and I don't have to listen to any of the urban/metro crap, and don't have any neighbors.

If I want to go into the back or front yard buck assed nekkid, and pee, there is nobody to object.

Yeah some may not want to see that, but its all about freedom.

I'm definitely on board with that kind of living too Dennis. There is something to be said for stepping out the door to do a little shooting. I'm conflicted, I'd love to have both type places and then also a 40 foot wooden boat waiting for me to sail the Caribbean whenever I got the urge.

Best of both worlds can be a bit hard to do close to Tulsa. I live on 5 acres in rural Tulsa county where I can do the walk-out-the-door-and-shoot-piss-off-the-porch thing. Just a "short drive" from Tulsa, but I spend too much time fighting yuppie 'burb traffic to get to/through Tulsa. And I need to go to/through Tulsa every single day. It gets worse every year; during rush hour it can take me 25-30 minutes just to get through a 'burb and to the edge of the actual city/the highways I need to hit. In light traffic it takes no time, but traffic is getting insane for metro this small IMO. 'Burbs are basically the cockblockers of the rural resident trying to make his way to town. Anymore I don't feel like I live in the country...I feel like I'm in the burbs with a really big yard, which I basically am. About have my mind made up to just move into the city proper and maybe, hopefully, save up for little place in the *actual* country. As in far eastern Oklahoma, or Arkansas to hang out at on weekends. I camp ~35 nights a year as it is, but a since of ownership in a retreat would be comforting.

Yep, in an ideal world I would have a place in town and a place in the Ozarks. Real country with real trees and no "neighborhoods" in the entire county. And a helicopter to get back and forth. And the ability to fly it. And a girl who looked good; I would call her. And a rabbit in a hat, with a bat, and a six-four Impala.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best of both worlds can be a bit hard to do close to Tulsa. I live on 5 acres in rural Tulsa county where I can do the walk-out-the-door-and-shoot-piss-off-the-porch thing. Just a "short drive" from Tulsa, but I spend too much time fighting yuppie 'burb traffic to get to/through Tulsa. And I need to go to/through Tulsa every single day. It gets worse every year; during rush hour it can take me 25-30 minutes just to get through a 'burb and to the edge of the actual city/the highways I need to hit. In light traffic it takes no time, but traffic is getting insane for metro this small IMO. 'Burbs are basically the cockblockers of the rural resident trying to make his way to town. Anymore I don't feel like I live in the country...I feel like I'm in the burbs with a really big yard, which I basically am. About have my mind made up to just move into the city proper and maybe, hopefully, save up for little place in the *actual* country. As in far eastern Oklahoma, or Arkansas to hang out at on weekends. I camp ~35 nights a year as it is, but a since of ownership in a retreat would be comforting.

Yep, in an ideal world I would have a place in town and a place in the Ozarks. Real country with real trees and no "neighborhoods" in the entire county. And a helicopter to get back and forth. And the ability to fly it. And a girl who looked good; I would call her. And a rabbit in a hat, with a bat, and a six-four Impala.

Word. It's settled then, I'm moving in with you. I'll bring my pet mongoose named Teddy Jack Eddy and a years supply of corn nuts (you pick the flavor).

Last edited by a moderator:

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just a "short drive" from Tulsa, but I spend too much time fighting yuppie 'burb traffic to get to/through Tulsa. And I need to go to/through Tulsa every single day. It gets worse every year; during rush hour it can take me 25-30 minutes just to get through a 'burb and to the edge of the actual city/the highways I need to hit. In light traffic it takes no time, but traffic is getting insane for metro this small IMO. 'Burbs are basically the cockblockers of the rural resident trying to make his way to town.

If you'll buy me a diablo sandwich, a Dr. Pepper and a fast car, I'll run interference for you.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It all sound cool. I would rethink the parking in the living room or even below. My wifes father lives in a turn of the century hotel. The whole lower level has been coverted to a garage/muffler shop. The lower level is about 10,000 square feet the upper level is about 5000 square feet and there are cracks in the floor you can drop butts thru. Anyway the garage below the sleeping area might be alright if you drive a prius, but if the six four runs a little rich you will be breathing gas fumes all night while you try to sleep.

I will try to find some pictures of the a shop/loft home a guy built on the 67-72 chevy truck forums. Looks like he built it on some property. Nicest one I have ever seen.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not a home but caz's chowhouse in downtown tulsa is in an old what i think was a mechanics shop. There is a chain engine hoist hanging in the dining area off a steel beam.

Latest posts

Top Bottom