warning or bullet?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a cousin killed in a armed robbery. He complied and handed over the cash, only to be shot and killed anyway.

Just because money is handed over does not mean the robber will not shoot anyway.

Another thing that has not been mentioned is, what if there is another concealed carry in the store. Say, you are behind the bad guy, drawing your gun. the other person can not tell if you are actually aiming at the bad guy or clerk. What if you get shot by another concealed carry by mistake.

There are too many what if's. you will probably only have seconds to react.

Kind of what I said earlier. The perp may have an lookout, shooting the person wanting to help, or like you said, another CCW thinking something different.

Bad deal any way it goes down.

trollkepr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How about a bullet warning? Like shoot one in the ground and tell him if he moves any closer he's getting one to the hip?

If you pull the trigger you do it because you are afraid for your life or that of others. Shooting the ground gived the perp time to shoot you or the other person. You pull the trigger for ONE reason. To Kill the MF your gun is aimed at ASAP.

Nraman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kind of what I said earlier. The perp may have an lookout, shooting the person wanting to help, or like you said, another CCW thinking something different.

Bad deal any way it goes down.

That's the problem I see. Too many variables, too many possibilities and no training to at least have something to guide you on the correct course of action. Some times you gotta hold'em, sometimes you gotta fold'em. I don't feel that my CCW training fully prepared me to play cop.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's the problem I see. Too many variables, too many possibilities and no training to at least have something to guide you on the correct course of action. Some times you gotta hold'em, sometimes you gotta fold'em. I don't feel that my CCW training fully prepared me to play cop.

Exactly.
We never know what is going to happen.

The training video I watched recomended to back off the situation untill the whole picture came into view, and then make your decision.....If possible.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
During my SDA course, the instructor gave this scenario: "If you're in 7-11 grabbing a Gatorade and you turn around to see a guy in a mask with his gun drawn demanding money out of the register, you are authorized to 'take him out' as soon as he presented that weapon, but you are not required to intervene."

Now, this statement raised some concerns for me that I'll need to research myself, because if put in that situation 2 thoughts would go through my head. 1. Do I risk living with the fact that this guy may dot the forehead of the clerk and I did nothing to stop it? or 2. Do I take him out because my instructor said it's cool and then end up getting myself in a heap of shat because the thug didn't even acknowledge me or point his weapon anywhere near my direction, so may life wasn't really in danger?

Typically its only possible for a gunman to aim at one person at a time (barring "collateral" shots and having multiple guns of course), so you are saying because he is aiming his gun at one victim at a time that no one else in the store is in danger? What if he switches focus to you, then does the clerk become out of danger? I dont think so...

By being in a store that is being robbed at gun point your life IS in danger. IMO

Last edited:

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its a tough decision on what to do. All the answers were interesting and i would hate to be in a store with some of you. lol

If the situation is at the "give me the money" stage, i would observe the situation with my hand on my holstered weapon. If the situation escalates and the gunman is about to take an innocent life, i couldnt live with myself knowing I watched it happen.

skyydiver

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
By being in a store that is being robbed at gun point your life IS in danger.

Typically its only possible for a gunman to aim at one person at a time (barring "collateral" shots and having multiple guns of course), so you are saying because he is aiming his gun at one victim at a time that no one else in the store is in danger? What if he switches focus to you, then does the clerk become out of danger? I dont think so...

Mmm hmm.

Pulp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I remember my CCW instructor saying a permit does not make you a law enforcement officer, and he told horrifying stories to back it up. I'm afraid if that was in the back of my mind, I'd be hesitant to shoot unless BG turned toward me. But I would have my gun ready, just in case.

But, I am sitting at my computer. If it really happened, I'd probably crap my pants, then slip on the floor and crack my head, then be oblivious to the happenings around me for a bit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom