Warrantless search - Rogers County

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a “bad” experience with officers in 1964, a high school student in Muskogee. Since that time, I have been stopped a few times, received tickets and warnings, in several states, and each time the officers were polite and professional. In my career, there were times when I had interactions with local, county, state, and federal law enforcement, and again each of them was handled in excellent manner.

Since the 1964 incident, there was only one time that left me “wondering”. We had a bomb threat called in, and the first officer to arrive was a county deputy and as we were talking I noticed that his 1911 did not have a mag…… so, I guess there are some that are not the examples of professionalism that we have come to expect.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
You're assuming it went down like the OP stated. You have only one side of the story. I know you don't like cops but you should at least consider there's another side to this. Especially since the OP is prone to embellishment...like the car was "torn apart".
And you have decided that it didn't go down like the OP described. I understand that in your world view there is no such thing as a bad cop. I believe otherwise. Neither of us was there. And, it's not a matter of me not liking cops, I don't like bad cops and I absolutely despise a bully, especially a bully with a badge.

Bocephus123

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A lot of back and forth about "what is" "what ought to be" and "what shouldn't be".
Sure, justified stop. should have been a simple "fix-it" ticket, run the plates and DL and send the young man on his way if no outstanding issues.

The deputies decided to turn it into a learning experience.

They learned better how to instigate a stop and search and exercise their drug dog under dubious circumstances.

The young man saw that the cops will obfuscate and make false statements to justify their fishing expedition and learned that the cops aren't trustworthy.
complete bull!

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
And you have decided that it didn't go down like the OP described. I understand that in your world view there is no such thing as a bad cop. I believe otherwise. Neither of us was there. And, it's not a matter of me not liking cops, I don't like bad cops and I absolutely despise a bully, especially a bully with a badge.

No, you don't understand my world view. If you did, you'd know what you claim about me not believing there are bad cops is entirely wrong. Either that or you have a really bad memory...because I've stated the opposite numerous times. Including in this cluster-f**k of a thread, I believe.

The simple fact is there are very few people who know what happened during the stop mentioned by the OP...and they were all on scene. The OP doesn't know for sure (though I'm sure he believes his son 100%) and, like you said, neither do you nor do I. Hell...we don't even know if the story related in the OP even occurred if you really want to be honest.

And I do believe you don't like bully cops. But from what you've posted here and elsewhere, you think they're all bullies.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There, I've read all 42 pages of this thread as it stands at 1:06am on 1/20/2023.
I feel like I have learned a lot about the people that posted in this thread. I know what side of the argument I come down. To those that support the police, remember that if it can happen to someone else it can happen to you. Law enforcement is not our friend, at least in my view and $0.02. YMMV. BBs & JBTs. Oh, and like my avatar..."who watches the Watchers".

Last edited:

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Once upon a time I was a biker. (before it became a mid-life crisis thing and acceptable)
When I moved to my little small town, I had long hair, tattoos, etc...rode a whore red Harley hardtail chopper.

The local PD had a portly female officer that took it upon herself to pull me over for: improper eyewear, improper exhaust, excessive acceleration (I was trying to take off from an icy intersection after working 16 hours) - the list goes on. Never for speeding. It got so bad that my buddies would warn me where she was as I was heading to/from work. These tickets all came about over a period of a year, I think there were 12 or so. I hired a lawyer after the very first stop and I never paid a single one.

After my son was born and I was really trying to make ends meet, this hero in blue pulled me over on my way to work. I told her flat out "Look, this **** was funny when I was single and no kids. I'm trying to simply go to work, and I'm not doing a damn thing wrong. Leave me the hell alone!"

She looked a bit flushed, got in her car and drove off without saying a word. I never got stopped by her again.

A few short years later she got in trouble for dragging a woman out of her house in her nightgown and parading her through the jail in front of men. (I think she got sued and lost over that one)

aw.justia.com/cases/federal/appellate-courts/F3/17/1436/56667

She apparently worked in conjunction with her hubby oftentimes, an OHP trooper. (she had a pic of him in her patrol car pointing a gun at the camera, I guess it was supposed to be intimidating?)

They both witnessed some seriously bad behavior by fellow officers (more bad apples) and kept silent for six months.

https://www.casemine.com/judgement/us/5914bd9dadd7b049347a37a0
My point of this story (which occurred in the 1990s) is that departments have crappy cops, know it, protect them, even when they pull unacceptable BS like this. Why wasn't the OHP guy fired?

So - when someone thinks that I, or someone else "hates cops", it could simply be that they've witnessed enough bull like this, seen bull covered up by "good" cops, and seen those egregious acts glossed over and the offenders still employed and retaining the right to stop and arrest citizens.

tweetr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those of you arguing that the Fourth Amendment does not require a warrant to search, you ought to read this article by Judge Napolitano on the historical reasoning behind its adoption. His article opens:
"They argue that the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution — which requires a search warrant prior to spying — only applies to law enforcement and not to domestic surveillance. This argument not only defies the plain language of the amendment; it defies history and common sense."

How Local Cops Get Your Bank Records, by Judge Andrew P. Napolitano | Creators Syndicate
https://www.creators.com/read/judge-napolitano

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those of you arguing that the Fourth Amendment does not require a warrant to search, you ought to read this article by Judge Napolitano on the historical reasoning behind its adoption. His article opens:
"They argue that the Fourth Amendment to the Constitution — which requires a search warrant prior to spying — only applies to law enforcement and not to domestic surveillance. This argument not only defies the plain language of the amendment; it defies history and common sense."

How Local Cops Get Your Bank Records, by Judge Andrew P. Napolitano | Creators Syndicate
https://www.creators.com/read/judge-napolitano
Good read, and if logic were as common as it should be, might cause a rethink by all those that believe "the government needs to be able to prevent terrorists".

This is exactly the opposite of the spirit in which the Patriot Act was written, and the morons that supported it are as blind as a cave newt. (I know the Patriot Act isn't the topic of this thread, but that safety for freedom mentality immediately came to mind)

Latest posts

Top Bottom