watches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChoZen1

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The gentlemen's style thread got me to wondering(that can be a dangerous thing), how many of you guys wear a watch daily? or do you just wear one when you are dressed up. How many of you have a watch collection? I am 31 and it seems like most of my generation does not wear watches at all(just my observation could be wrong). I cant leave the house without a watch, no matter what I am doing. I have started collecting more and more over the last few years.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, while I'm certainly not a collector, I have a nice one that my wife bought for me years ago and a second one that I got as an award when I retired last June. The wife claims she knows where that retirement watch is, but I really don't care about wearing it.

I do wear a watch daily and the one from the wife has both the day of the week and the date of the month. With my memory, and especially after we've retired, I really need that "day of the week" feature.

DeeJay

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Retired. Most of the time I do not know today's date. Often times I do not know what day of the week its. Time of day is totally irrelevant unless I have a doctor/dentist appointment or similar. Never wear a watch.
Actually, I stopped wearing a watch many years before I retired, somewhat of a workplace hazard. You learn quickly where to look to find out the time.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I wear a watch daily. In fact, I never leave the house without one. I've been known to turn the truck around and go get it if I forget it.

It's just habit. I enjoy the look, feel, and knowing it's there.

skatalite

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wear this Citizen every day:

i.imgur.com_TC7hPAJ.jpg

It's a great watch at a solid price (got it for $100ish new, delivered).

I have a few more watches I wear depending on occasion and what I'm wearing.

For beater watches, I prefer Timex. Lots of people crap on them but I've never had a bad Timex watch, and they're inexpensive and last a long time.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm in that generation. I remember Fossil watches being all the rage in High School. Big 'ol shiny faces and junk. But I can't remember the last time I wore a watch. Mid 00's maybe? About the time the smartphone popped onto the market. Technology killed the need for them.

Now, watches are kind of like purses or male earrings. Accessories for the urban male these days.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I wear a watch daily. Either a basic Timex on a nice, custom full-grain leather strap, or a Hanowa Swiss Military on a 5 ring Zulu. It's way handier for me than a phone to check the time, glance at while cooking, use in a business meeting when I don't want to whip out the phone.

I have also have a Seiko chronograph but it's all steel with a steel bracelet, so it's a bit heavy for daily wear.

Latest posts

Top Bottom